Does anybody know???

Does anybody know anything good for the joints? I'm new to the exercising world and it's only been 2 or 3 weeks that I started exercising and my knees and elbows are killing me. What should I take vitamins? Calcium ? I really have no idea if anybody knows please let me know I would really appreciate it. : )

Replies

• Do you already supplement with Omega-3? (EFA's)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 704 Member
    Well by the look of your photo I can only assume that you are in your 20's and should not be having these problems yet. It may be because you have not done this in a while and if that is the case then some ibuprofen will help. If you are older the MSM with glucosamin (sp) may work for you too.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    I know it sounds old fashioned but cod liver oil tabs are great for stiff joints.

Speak to a good health food shop and they'll advise you.

Tim
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Do you already supplement with Omega-3? (EFA's)

No I don't take anything but is that good?? If it is ill go ahead and buyit right know since I'm in pain and I don't really feel like workingout.... sucks!!!!
  • sarabhorton
    sarabhorton Posts: 27 Member
    Glucosamine and Chondroitin helps me. I really feel it when I stop taking it for a while.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Well by the look of your photo I can only assume that you are in your 20's and should not be having these problems yet. It may be because you have not done this in a while and if that is the case then some ibuprofen will help. If you are older the MSM with glucosamin (sp) may work for you too.

^^This
  • catodd
    catodd Posts: 37 Member
    First of all What type of training are you doing? for how long? and how many times a week? Have you done any intense training before? The use of pain killers to carry on training is HIGHLY NOT recommended!
    Let Me know
    Chris
  • Do you already supplement with Omega-3? (EFA's)

No I don't take anything but is that good?? If it is ill go ahead and buyit right know since I'm in pain and I don't really feel like workingout.... sucks!!!!

Fish Oilds especially Omega-3 has a tremendous amount of health benefits...healthier heart, skin and it helps with the joints as well.

Before you make a final decision, what exercises do you do? Squats?
  • canelly

Lol.. You got it right!! I'm 23 and thanks for your input I will deff take some ibuprofen see if that works ! Thanks!
  • Glucosamine would be your best bet, also have a look in getting a bit of Omega-3's in your diet.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Are you stretching before your work outs? Always start with things like windmills and jumping jacks, static stretches should be saved for after your work out.

I have patella malformation syndrome in my right knee and I broke my left leg in january, and I rarely feel pain when working out or afterwards. I recommend you see your doctor if it keeps up! good luck!

Also, take the supplements.
  • catodd
    Lol.. You got it right!! I'm 23 and thanks for your input I will deff take some ibuprofen see if that works ! Thanks!
    Unless you are competing in a professional sport and you have done all your training and picked up an injury before race day for instance then painkillers may be a good idea. If its for everyday training its not the way to go about it. Have you seen my questions further up??
  • canelly
    First of all What type of training are you doing? for how long? and how many times a week? Have you done any intense training before? The use of pain killers to carry on training is HIGHLY NOT recommended!
    Let Me know
    Chris

I'm doing the Jillian M. 30 day Shread and Ripped in 30
    I do those 2 once a day so it's 50 min a day I work out 7 days a week and no I never done any type of exercise before
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Let Me know
    Chris

I do those 2 once a day so it's 50 min a day I work out 7 days a week and no I never done any type of exercise before

Sweet jebus, take a day of rest! Its recommended!! Your body needs time to rest and repair :)
  • catodd
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Ok well there you go. Every professional athlete has a rest day! Resting is, believe it or not a massive part of your training!! You have thrown yourself right in the deep end which is good in one respect. However if you have never trained like this in your life its too much too soon. Training takes its toll on your body it stresses your immune system and not resting will lead to over training and eventually not being able to train through injury! Every 6 weeks it is advisable to take a week out also. When you get back in the gym you will feel revitalised and "Well up for it" I have trained with professional Thai boxers and tri athletes so I know this is right so REST!. Supplement by all means but NEVER take painkillers to train. I did that I had to take a 2year holiday with a back injury!!
    Good luck
  • catodd
    Sorry cocked that up lol
  • canelly
    [/quote]
    Ok well there you go. Every professional athlete has a rest day! Resting is, believe it or not a massive part of your training!! You have thrown yourself right in the deep end which is good in one respect. However if you have never trained like this in your life its too much too soon. Training takes its toll on your body it stresses your immune system and not resting will lead to over training and eventually not being able to train through injury! Every 6 weeks it is advisable to take a week out also. When you get back in the gym you will feel revitalised and "Well up for it" I have trained with professional Thai boxers and tri athletes so I know this is right so REST!. Supplement by all means but NEVER take painkillers to train. I did that I had to take a 2year holiday with a back injury!!
    Good luck

Thank you I will deffenetly take my rest days from now on !! Thanks every one for your answers you guys rock!!!!
    [/quote]