Do you gain at TOTM or when ovulating and how much?

Options
I know this has probbaly been asked before but this is a slight twist on the question.....

When during your cycle do you gain weight? I ask this becuase I know that I am currently ovulating (have been for a couple of days) but mny period isn't due for another 11 days at least. All of a sudden (from Saturday when I last weighed myself) I have gained 4lbs for no reason (i.e. my calorie intake has been almost as it should be). I have never really paid any attention to my cycle (but am now as I will be trying for a baby in the near future) so wasn;t really ever aware of when I was ovulating (just when my actual period was).

Is this weight gain assosiated with my ovulating?! Do you gain weight at ovulation or over your period. On the 2nd/3rd day of ovulation I woke up feeling really bloated and full and knew I was ‘heavy’ so didn’t get on scale until today and then got a shock!

x

Replies

• dianichole73
    dianichole73 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I generally gain 1-3lbs during TOTM but it comes back off wants everything is over with. I don't really consider it a gain because it happens every month.
  • sryan8408
    Options
    I have never noticed weight gain in myself when I would be ovulating. But I also have tried to track it. I do gain 2-4 lbs right before my period and lose it througout my TOTM.
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    Options
    1-4lbs for me, and after a week I'm usually down about 1lb from before my period.
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks. So most of you gain just before your period and not when you are ovulating? x
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't even step on the scale during tis time. I wait til it's done.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Just woke up with that bloated feeling!!! YAY!!! It's almost a full two weeks of scale avoidance!!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I have the exact symptoms of getting my period while I am ovulating. Bloating, breast tenderness, moodiness, energy/fatigue, cramps. I get cysts on my ovaries during ovulation, which is what makes it so severe, and they are gone by the time I have my period. My doctor told me it wasn't abnormal to have similar symptoms during ovulation as during your period because of the release of hormones, more or less estrogen/progesterone. I tend to stay away from dairy during those times and it helps considerably with the swelling and bloating. Hope this helps.
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kittycarson
    Options
    I am like you. I gain as soon as I start ovulating....I feel heavier then and have the Mittelschmerz pain associated for a couple of days. I have been tracking it so I know it is not my imagination. But, just like everyone else, it falls off as soon as my cycle is over. I don't bother being "concerned" anymore because I have grown to expect it every month.
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My weight was up 1 1/2 lbs yesterday and I'm sure it was totally down to ovulation - I feel better today and weight is gone! I'm very aware of my cycles and ovulation is definitely worse than pmt time for me in terms of weight and bloated-ness.

So basically I have a week of being a nice person then I bloat, gain weight.....then PMT starts.....I'm a joy, really I am.