FROSTING:
2 tablespoons butter
1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
7-1/2 teaspoons hot water
Edible glitter and jimmies, optional

Directions:

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and sugar; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in vanilla.

Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron. Bake for 1 minute or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar alternately with water, beating until smooth. Frost waffle cookies to within 1/4 in. of edges. Decorate with glitter and jimmies if desired. Let stand until frosting is set.

Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts
One serving: (1 each)
Calories: 97
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 21 mg
Sodium: 29 mg
Carbohydrate: 15 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 1 g

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    exps34963_SD990853D49C.jpg

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup butter, cubed
    2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
    2 eggs
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup sugar
    FROSTING:
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
    1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
    7-1/2 teaspoons hot water
    Edible glitter and jimmies, optional

Directions:

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and sugar; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in vanilla.

Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a preheated waffle iron. Bake for 1 minute or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar alternately with water, beating until smooth. Frost waffle cookies to within 1/4 in. of edges. Decorate with glitter and jimmies if desired. Let stand until frosting is set.

Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts
    One serving: (1 each)
    Calories: 97
    Fat: 4 g
    Saturated Fat: 2 g
    Cholesterol: 21 mg
    Sodium: 29 mg
    Carbohydrate: 15 g
    Fiber: 0 g
    Protein: 1 g
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    OMG, where do you get your recipes. They are wonderful
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's funny. I was going to respond OMG! And then I looked and saw the last posty had beat me to it. But OMG anyway. And thanks for sharing! I just got a nifty little pan at Williams Sonoma that has little rounded out wells to allow you to make little round, filled pancakes. I'm totally into that right now, so this recipe is right down my ally. Again, thanks!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I get a lot from Taste of Home!
    :heart: them!

I thought this was a fun recipe. I am going to use it in my Child Development class when we are learning things to do with kids.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Looks so yummy! :bigsmile:

...now I need a waffle iron :sad:
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    Looks SO Good!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    that is such a neat idea! cookies on a waffle iron! I have one... but it's in storage in ontario. Maybe I'll try them out when we get back there. :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    OH! One thing, they use a traditional waffle iron, not a Belgium waffle iron.
  • abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    yum!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you're lazy like I am, you can do the same thing with a boxed cake mix. Just mix it up according to the box, and drop spoonfulls onto the waffle iron. Frost your fun mini-cakes, dust with powdered sugar, or eat them plain! (Divide nutrition info on the box by the number of cakes you make)