Whole30 and Diet Plans

Options
wingmen2
wingmen2 Posts: 118 Member
Hello!

I'm new to MFP. I'm planning on starting a Whole30 on Monday. Is there a way to populate your food diary with an eating plan? You could do that on SparkPeople, so I am looking for that here. It doesn't look like you can...

Anyone want to join me on the Whole30 thing? It'd be fun to have an accountability partner!
:smiley:

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I am former SparkPeople person too!

Search the groups, there’s a few active groups of us supporting each other.

To answer your question, you can pre-fill your food diaries.

Just scroll to the day you wish to fill in. See photo.

To delete food diary entries on the app drag the unwanted entry from right to left.

6ema8zojbo9z.jpeg

r15ef7vmwwu4.png

And welcome to MFP!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Oh. Maybe you meant mass populate the food diary? Like with an entire meal plan?

You can copy meals from the day before, which is handy for things like a breakfast you eat daily.
  • wingmen2
    Options
    Yes, I meant mass populate. But thank you for the tutorial! I didn't know you could swipe in the app :smile: I saw that in the app you can (now? maybe it's brand new?) add a Plan to your app to get tasks and meal suggestions daily. Not the same thing, but that's ok. It's helpful. I never followed the meal plan that auto-populated in SP, either. I'm not a cottage cheese lover! LOL!
  • Jarcom
    Jarcom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just posted that I am also looking into starting whole30 on Monday! :)
  • wingmen2
    Options
    Fabulous!!! How's it going so far?!? I didn't start after all. I can't seem to get in control. Today I did pretty well, though :wink: Almost gluten and dairy free. It's a start. How about you?
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in eventually doing a whole30. For now I am trying to be stable on Paleo. I have been gluten and dairy free (health issues) for several years. I now have to cut out the non-gluten grains. This is going to be harder because my husband eats those and I only cook for the two of us.
  • wingmen2
    Options
    I totally get it! I have 2 teenagers in the house, and my college girl whom was gluten free left for college and now it's just me that gluten free. My husband doesn't usually eat too much that has gluten (bread, cereal, etc.), so if I said nothing and just did it, he wouldn't notice. I can go about 75% dairy free. I'm still having trouble saying goodbye to my coffee creamer (we also use nutpods and other stuff, but it's still tough). I would rather go without grains than try to replace gluten, usually. Other than corn tortillas :smiley:

Keep going on your Paleo! More power to you, girl!!! Share your favorite meals!!! B)
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Whole30 is an elimination plan and not specifically a weight loss plan, although some people do lose weight when following it. I followed this plan sometime ago, as a support for my husband, who needed to do an elimination plan. My comment that I want to share about this plan is that I believe, and this is only my opinion, that the re-introduction of the various food groups was a little too quick. If I recall correctly, they had you re-introducing a new food group after two days of each one. I would recommend a week, possibly even two, to fully understand which food group may be troubling you. Something to consider. Good luck!
  • wingmen2
    Options
    Thank you for that advice! I have eliminated dairy and gluten and now chickpeas. I will miss you, hummus! But, I have his creamy brother baba ganoush to nosh on, so I'll live!

I decided to work on intermittent fasting for various reasons. I did feel better when I was on it last month or so. I stopped when we were traveling, making concessions for others. I wasn't going to die, so it was no big deal. I just didn't sleep well all week!
  • wingmen2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Graphic removed!!!
  • wingmen2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    1k8ay7e206bw.gif

• wingmen2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    iwh3rhpwyzkt.gif

• wingmen2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm liking this one...

vy0cl3n3k9vr.gif

• wingmen2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Maybe simpler is better...
    acbt3q1673ma.gif

• wingmen2
    Options
    k1reie1nmyow.gif
  • wingmen2
    Options
    7c2b2ms3551t.gif
  • wingmen2
    Options
    And mine!
    4m5641bd484t.gif

I spent a lot of time looking for a graphic like the bike but I couldn't find one without the background, so I decided to use the same one for all of us, add more color, and keep it simple to help our pages load faster. But I couldn't get rid of the stomp .gif action - I just love it too much! Is everyone ok with that?
  • wingmen2
    Options
    sq4sxr9wxwpk.gif
  • wingmen2
    Options
    f6omqdob1nmo.gif