Vegetarians w food diaries on MFP

Options
I’m back on MFP aiming to lose 50 lbs. looking for vegetarian friends active on this app for the long haul so we can cheer each other on & get food ideas from each other. Add me if interested!

Replies

• gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I’ll add you - I’m vegetarian and roughly half way through losing 50lbs. It’s going v slowly so definitely on here for the long haul
  • FlipFlop00
    FlipFlop00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue here, like you back on MFP and a vegetarian. Need to do this again as I was doing well until the Covid outbreak then every pound back on. Had a heck of a time over the last 20 months. Need to loose 2st. I'm from UK where are you?
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    gorple76 wrote: »
    I’ll add you - I’m vegetarian and roughly half way through losing 50lbs. It’s going v slowly so definitely on here for the long haul

Amazing progress you’ve made so far! Glad you added me! Let’s keep going!

• gojolida
    Options
    FlipFlop00 wrote: »
    Hi Sue here, like you back on MFP and a vegetarian. Need to do this again as I was doing well until the Covid outbreak then every pound back on. Had a heck of a time over the last 20 months. Need to loose 2st. I'm from UK where are you?

Hey Sue, I’m in the same boat as you. i was working with a trainer prior to our lockdown, but gained all the weight and then some back. I’m in california, sounds like we have similar goals!
  • 57pattycake
    57pattycake Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm a life long vegetarian but not a vegan because I still enjoy cheese. I re-started on MFP just last month and I have 70lbs to lose. Looks as though this group are also fellow night owls.
  • Creedthoughtsdotcom
    Creedthoughtsdotcom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegetarian for 20 years and have recently become vegan. Fee free to add me
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian. I try to follow WFPLNO (whole food plant based no oil) however I flip back to vegetarian. I have an open diary. Feel free to add me!
  • gojolida
    Options
    Excited to have you folks as new friends, thanks for adding me!
  • gojolida
    Options
    Looking for more veg friends with open diaries! It is definitely helping me seeing food options & cheering each other on!
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 4 years. I had previously lost 40 pounds prior to becoming vegetarian. I maintained for a few years but thanks to covid I've gained some weight back. I'm struggling to lose weight on a vegetarian diet. Would love more veggie friends on here to get meal ideas! I have an open diary.
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would love more veggie friends. I've been vegan 11mnths today. I feel like all I eat is black bean tacos. ( Which are delicious 😋)
  • gojolida
    Options
    I’m coming up on 30 days of daily logging and i am in it for the long haul!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I'm a deficient MFP friend, not very active in that part of MFP (more of a Community forum gal, I guess), but I've been logging for over 6 years, about year of loss and 5+ of weight maintenance, and have been ovo-lacto vegetarian for 47+ years. I still log most days -
    don't always close my diary so it posts to my feed, though. My protein goal is 100g minimum, but my calorie allowance is on the higher side for a li'l ol' lady (partly for mysterious reasons, partly from intentional fun activity). I'm 5'5", around 125 pounds, age 65.

If you just want to see eating patterns, don't care about not much status-type interaction, send me a FR. My diary is open to MFP friends, and I accept all friend requests from any profiles that aren't totally closed down plus lacking reasonable Community forum history. I do answer food-related questions via PMs by MFP friends, or posted on my MFP profile page.
  • hhjs2021
    hhjs2021 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd love some veggie friends too, I'm vegan and have so far too go! But have managed to log for nearly three months and it's working 🙂
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    BTW, have any/all of those above joined the "Happy Herbivores" group here? (I think some have, not sure about all.)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

Yes, it's not as active as it could be, but

1. There are some really good earlier posts worth reading, and
    2. An infusion of active new enthusiasts could be just what it needs to stay a great Community resource.
  • gojolida
    Options
    A lot of spammers have been adding me, so if you are adding me from this post, pls include a note!! Happy to have new friends!
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    gojolida wrote: »
    A lot of spammers have been adding me, so if you are adding me from this post, pls include a note!! Happy to have new friends!

@gojolida, notes with FRs don't work anymore, unfortunately - they don't go through. That's sort of a pain, IMO, but I'm just vetting new FRs more carefully (looking at what's available on their profile via the web version of MFP that shows more, seeing if they have Community forum history if the profile is borderline, etc.).

Messages between regular MFP users (PMs) generally will only work after they're friends.
  • _epinephrine_
    _epinephrine_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nice to find this group! I'm a longtime vegetarian/vegan (currently vegan) and over the past year I've gained about 6kg which I'd like to lose. I hate logging, so I need all the encouragement I can get!

I'm based in China, by the way. Lots and lots of tofu on my food logs ;)
  • gojolida
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    gojolida wrote: »

@gojolida, notes with FRs don't work anymore, unfortunately - they don't go through. That's sort of a pain, IMO, but I'm just vetting new FRs more carefully (looking at what's available on their profile via the web version of MFP that shows more, seeing if they have Community forum history if the profile is borderline, etc.).

Messages between regular MFP users (PMs) generally will only work after they're friends.

Good to know! A hello/note on this thread would be helpful though!