Tall & Gain all over... I can't be the only one

Options
I am fairly tall (5'9") and I gain weight evenly all over. The tough thing is I can gain 20 pounds and not affect my clothing size. Conversely, my two workout partners are petite and 20 is a couple of sizes different. It is really hard keeping my enthusiasm up when (other than fractions with the tape measure) there seems to be no visible difference. I know 30,40 will definitely show but it's the getting there... you know?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Boy do I know! 5’ 10”. Still wearing the same clothes 40 pounds later. They’re baggy now, but no problem with them falling off.
    But I FEEL so much better! I’ll take it.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Yup. 5'8" and wore the same pants from 185 to 205 lbs.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,698 Member
    Options
    Yup. 5'8" and wore the same pants from 185 to 205 lbs.

Same…. And more so since I mainly wear elastic waist pants due to disability and comfort.

One pair of elastic waist pants at my height can cover 40 pounds or more. How do I know?
    I’m down 55 pounds rn and all my pants still fit. They’re just looser around the hips and thighs.
    333666444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I feel your frustration. I stand just half an inch under 6 feet. I’ve lost 35 pounds and only gone down one dress size from a UK 14 to a 12. I do look better but we’re talking only slight changes. Few people have noticed but I feel much better. I’ll take it. Good luck with your continued progress!
  • WifeDeputy
    WifeDeputy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am generally not praise focused so I need to just go back to focusing on my own gains.
    Thanks Y'all