Too many choices! What's your favorite whey protein powder a

Options
I have a few personal faves, but wondering what everyone else loves?? Good to hear reviews before dropping 30 dollars on a new tub of something I've never tried :)

<3,
Jenna

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I just plain ol Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate Flavor. Love it...not that I need to tell you this though. LOL
  • kgoulbourne
    Options
    You should try Nutrition53.com, they give out free samples of their Lean 1 Protein Shake, plus it has more vitamins and minerals than any other shake I've tried. The flavors are very good, especially the Cookies and Cream. I actually don't have to chug it!
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have triend SOOOO many. I'm in love with the GNC Lean Body Swiss Chocolate right now. 25gms of protein in each shake and taste sooooo much better than Isopure!

I do love the Isopure Grape Frost Drinks though too, 40gms in those.
  • aanaya56
    Options
    OMG there are so many :)
    Optinum Nutrition has the 100% Whey (LOVEIT), ISOPURE, 100%Whey... I get mine at bodybuilding.com

I also take the Visalus Shakes :D)
  • J3nnaLyn
    Options
    I just plain ol Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate Flavor. Love it...not that I need to tell you this though. LOL

Hahah, yup, I already knew what your fav was...it's on my list of things to buy lol
  • kathy0317
    Options
    Kaizen Naturals - Natural Whey Blend - Vanilla Ice Cream (or sometimes the chocolate)
    http://www.kaizennaturals.com/blend_vanilla.html
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels' Natural Whey Pure Protein- I don't care how good it is for you, if I have to "gag" it down, I am not going to keep it up......
    The thing that made me try this was
    I can only ingest Stevia and it seems so many others use aspartame or sucralose as sweeteners.
  • aschultz9
    Options
    I like the GNC Amplified Wheybolic in chocolate. The guy talked be into banana last time and I think it tastes gross. So here I sit with a giant tub of banana flavor.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I was using Opimum Nutrition cookies and cream and loved it. I found after about 2 months it was upsetting my tummy so I do not use it anymore.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. I like the chocolate mint or double rich chocolate flavours.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla :)
  • ssimons02
    ssimons02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Order through amazon.com - if you click subscribe and save, you get a 15 percent discount and free shipping. After you get your oder you can cancel the subscription. I keep mine on every 2 months but ive had to cancel one before because i didnt like it. BEst prices i've found when doing it this way.

I use ON 100% whey in double chocolate. I also just ordered the 100 calorie designey whey in strawberry. I know a lot of people dont like strawberry but i do :)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods 365 Brand Vanilla. Regardless of the type you buy, that is the only flavor that you need. Many of the pre-flavored powders have added sugar.

If you want other flavor profiles, just play with your ingredients. Want chocolate, add unsweetened cocoa powder. Want fruit or citrus, use juice/nectar or the specific fruit you want in your smoothie. Want peanut butter, add peanut butter.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have tried many brands. I personally stick with Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey, simply because its the best bang for my buck.
  • J3nnaLyn
    Options
    I use Designer Whey in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla :)

So far, Designer Whey is my favorite, too!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    kaizen whey isolate..icecream flavor & choc premium protein shakes
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My husband has issues with most whey proteins so I ended up using up his "leftovers" because I sure as heck wasn't going to throw them out. So I've tried quite a few. I'd say GNC's whey protein isolate (not the most expensive one but the one down from that) is the best one I've tried so far. And now I'm trying Dymatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla (which I buy from the Vitamin Shoppe), which goes nicely into coffee (with a shaker) or strawberry-blueberry shakes. It's good too.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I think you'd like Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein.. it's not whey though. :-/
    My fiance uses Dymatize and sometimes I sneak his for a change, it's good!

either way, the website Netrition.com is the BEST for ordering anything fitness/nutrition related!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My husband has issues with most whey proteins so I ended up using up his "leftovers" because I sure as heck wasn't going to throw them out. So I've tried quite a few. I'd say GNC's whey protein isolate (not the most expensive one but the one down from that) is the best one I've tried so far. And now I'm trying Dymatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla (which I buy from the Vitamin Shoppe), which goes nicely into coffee (with a shaker) or strawberry-blueberry shakes. It's good too.

And here's some more choices: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tietge9.htm