Who else has a lot to lose?

Options

Replies

• Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Also, I keep forgetting to use a measuring tape to measure my body. As soon as I find that tape I will post my stats.
  • LewLooo
    LewLooo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    *kitten* 🤣🤣🤣. Wow autocorrect...no I don't want to be kicked in the kitten...thanks anyway. But at times I do need a swift kick in the butt.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    LewLooo wrote: »
    Can I join the party? I could use some friends to kick me in the *kitten* on a pretty constant basis to keep me on track. Oh did I mention I have a crap ton of weight to lose...I'm looking at 150 lbs.
    48, single/div. 2 kids (15&14)
    SW-340
    CW-322
    GW-165ish (my ultimate dream goal)

Yup. Glad to have ya’
    :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,148 Member
    Options
    I’m 20 lbs. down as of today!!!

Awesome milestone!! Way to go
  • Neds1980
    Neds1980 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi @kellibee2000, thanks for your recent mention. I have been working and now have a couple of weeks off.

I have not been great on the diet front. I really need to get back into it. I will try and limit the damage during the holidays then have a plan for when we get back. I miss walking so I will try to get back into that! My total loss from heaviest weight is 13.5lbs so I need to work on building that!

How are you doing? Hope it is going well your end!

Take care!
  • Neds1980
    Neds1980 Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @wornoutmamabear well done with your fantastic loss 👍🏻
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a LOT to lose. Too embarrassed to include stats. Just starting on my way.... good luck to all <3
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Jem594 wrote: »
    I have a LOT to lose. Too embarrassed to include stats. Just starting on my way.... good luck to all <3

Yep. Friends here. Send me a request. We got this.
  • Jem594
    Options
  • MKWXIII
    MKWXIII Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My basic stats are: 5'4, 402/283/Under 200, my plan is 1600 calories a day with an emphasis on vegan protein and a time limit between eating. Feel free to add me on the app! :)
  • AlmostPerfect_mfp
    AlmostPerfect_mfp Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am a transplant here from SparkPeople which is closing down this week. I am 5'9" and 57 years old. On there, I started my most recent (yes, been down this road many times) weight loss effort in late December at 375#. Today I logged in at 298#. Yeah me! Obviously switching platforms mean I am looking for friends, encouragement, accountability buddies, and just flat out a kick at times. So if you wish please feel free to add me.

Having lost 77# in close to 8 month, I have been asked several times, how at your age (gasp) do you do it. Honestly, this time has been pretty easy compared to my attempts in the past. I eat ~ 1800 calories per day, walk ~ 6000 deliberate steps, and ride an exercise bike for a minimum of 30 mins per day. My diet consists of anything I want, but it must be weighed, measured, and logged. When I am out of calories, no more eating. After trying tons of other diets, this seemed most sane and something I could do long term as compared with say, no french fries ever, etc.

One thing I really credit with getting myself more active was a challenge that was run on SparkPeople, called the 5% challenge. While the goal was to lose 5% of the weight you wanted to in 8 weeks, the focus of the challenge was to compete in small teams on a 1 minute exercise = 1 mile race to various locations, a new location each week. It was a lot of fun and very encouraging too. Several of my fellow transplants are setting a similar event here on MFP. If any are interested in more info on that let me know. It literally took me from being almost fulltime wheelchair bound to a rather active person. I do not do well with me against others type of challenges, but if it is my team against others teams, it seems to inspire me.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    mal5w wrote: »
    I am really down right now, and feeling like it's pretty hopeless to continue on any kind of weight loss journey. I basically killed myself for 3 weeks and lost 5 lbs ... which I understand is a healthy pace. But then I had two days in a row of 8 hour "retreat" meetings. Pretty much having to be up super early, eat what they serve because you can't leave, and sit there and listen for 8 hours. Gained it all back. Not just "water" or "salt" weight, I've waited for an extra 2 days before concluding that the weight is back. Even had a super active weekend scraping and painting a room in my house. People say the weight takes as long to lose as it took to gain, and that's just SO not true. Or at least in my case it isn't.

This is a setback.

Setbacks suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Don’t let it derail you, though.
    Stick with it.
    You CAN do this!
  • Jem594
    Options
    mal5w wrote: »
    I am really down right now, and feeling like it's pretty hopeless to continue on any kind of weight loss journey. I basically killed myself for 3 weeks and lost 5 lbs ... which I understand is a healthy pace. But then I had two days in a row of 8 hour "retreat" meetings. Pretty much having to be up super early, eat what they serve because you can't leave, and sit there and listen for 8 hours. Gained it all back. Not just "water" or "salt" weight, I've waited for an extra 2 days before concluding that the weight is back. Even had a super active weekend scraping and painting a room in my house. People say the weight takes as long to lose as it took to gain, and that's just SO not true. Or at least in my case it isn't.

Don't give up!
    We're here for you. <3
  • PaulaGetFit2021
    PaulaGetFit2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have more than alot to lose. I feel like its impossible(yes, I do know it is possible) but I'm having such a hard time. I weighed in at 379 lbs today... I've gained so much weight between stress/emotional eating, having my 5th baby 9 months ago and not losing any of the weight. I turned 34 last month, and 5ft 8- I just feel hideous. I can't get my mind on track. Any little thing triggers me to indulge in food. My body can't take all the extra weight I keep packing on- I literally can barely get up from sitting down, or walk up the stairs my knees hurt so bad and make a "crunching sound". I know I will be doomed if I don't make changes in my life ASAP... WHY does that reality NOT help me get in the right path.
  • Jem594
    Options
    I have more than alot to lose. I feel like its impossible(yes, I do know it is possible) but I'm having such a hard time. I weighed in at 379 lbs today... I've gained so much weight between stress/emotional eating, having my 5th baby 9 months ago and not losing any of the weight. I turned 34 last month, and 5ft 8- I just feel hideous. I can't get my mind on track. Any little thing triggers me to indulge in food. My body can't take all the extra weight I keep packing on- I literally can barely get up from sitting down, or walk up the stairs my knees hurt so bad and make a "crunching sound". I know I will be doomed if I don't make changes in my life ASAP... WHY does that reality NOT help me get in the right path.

trust me, I'm in the same boat. we can do this!
    start with a small goal <3<3
  • Jem594
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my SW is 431. I'm disabled by my weight and arthritis.
    no weigh in yet :)