Lost 80lbs then the pandemic happened...

Options
My back story is: I had lost 80ish-lbs pre-pandemic, I was very diligent about logging all my calories and was competitive with myself, it was going great. I started to kind of slack off at the beginning of 2020, i got into a relationship, moved houses, got a promotion lots of big changes.

Then, the pandemic hit, like most people, the lock down threw me off course, maintaining my weight was the least of my concerns. Which, hey! It was/is a scary time none of us have ever seen cut yourself some slack.

I ended up recording my meals less and less, then stopped all together. Started drinking coke again (Dr Pepper but i'm from Texas, it's all coke), stopped drinking water, I also discovered ubereats :D it was a whole "treat yo self" snowball effect lol. Any who, here I am a year and a half later of not logging meals or eating healthy. I started my weight loss at 370-390lbs, I got down to 292 at my smallest. I haven't weighed myself lately but i know i was back to 323 a couple of months ago.

So here's where I'm at now, my clothes are tight, my knees hurt, my back hurts. I know I can lose the weight and it was fairly easy for me, I didn't do anything except log my meals and stay within my calories. HOWEVER I can't for the life of me get the motivation to. I feel like I just need some sort of motivation or friends that are having the same issues. Who wants to be best friends (finger guns)

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request.
    You CAN do this!
    And you already know the secret to success- Don’t give up!
  • PopGoesTheCoyote
    PopGoesTheCoyote Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah I came here in hopes that community support would help me too. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Time2BHealthier
    Time2BHealthier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this.
  • vivitori
    vivitori Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are certainly not the only one to gain weight during covid! It’s frustratingly funny how our bodies work sometimes. Good job taking a step in the right direction today!
  • julianalynncass
    julianalynncass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I was doing so good pre lock down! I gained 30 pounds during quarantine. I also enjoyed take out and I also ate my way through depression. I have managed to take it off, but I have a long way to go to be where I want! The first step is deciding to make the change. 😊 The second step is loving yourself the way you are and doing this for yourself. ❤
  • RA_Warrior
    RA_Warrior Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We supported the restaurants in our neighborhood. Spent too much money having food delivered -not the good kind. I gained a lot. I was already big before COVID-19, now I am huge. I am down 8 pounds with 170 more to go. It feels different this time. I am ready I can feel it. There is no sadness about what I have to let go of, but curiosity to see success. I could use a few friends, please.
  • CazSlimson
    CazSlimson Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I am exactly the same!! Add menopause as well, new relationship and Covid lockdowns, two winters ... was going really well and just got lazy about it. Piled on 30 kilos in 18 months, it is the biggest I have ever been :o
    What is scary is my feet and joints are really painful , I need to lose weight to get my life back , to be able to walk painlessly.
  • MsCountryRoads68
    MsCountryRoads68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SAME. I had lost a lot of weight pre-2020. I felt fabulous. While I was never quarantined (essential worker), I ate like I was! Way too much ordering in, and not enough exercise. Needless to say, I've gained back over a 100 of the 140 pounds I had lost. I know what to do, and how to do it--I just have to keep myself motivated. Hoping using these message boards will help.
  • MKWXIII
    MKWXIII Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Let's do this! Sending you a friend request. :)
  • NinaMorgan27
    NinaMorgan27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in a similar rut during Covid. I stopped going out and being active, started ordering food.
    I had initially lost 60 lbs four years ago, and hadn't been maintaining well, but my weight gain over the past year has been... alarming.
    Hoping to build some support on this site, too. We can do this! Sending you a friend request B)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its been a crappy 18 months, right? hard for lots of folks, youre not alone.

well, that'll be censored. not gonna fix it.

okay. maybe ill quasi fix it.

I accept friend requests from pretty much anyone as long as nothing about the profile sends off any spidey sense alarms. I can tell you im not the friend for everyone and i just say this being very honest and upfront so you dont add me, get to my wall and go ' OMG shes insane' i mean, I AM, you just cant say I didnt warn you LOL . I don't talk about diet and weight loss a bunch. I've lost 189 pounds (more, actually). have more to go. I am on medications that basically take away my appetite, so dont look at my diary. I know i dont eat enough, its an issue, its not on purpose. trust me. I AM under medical supervision ( I do practice what i preach lol). I talk about my life. my farm, a LOT about my dogs, my hubby, crap no one cares about, funny *kitten* (oh that will be censored. not bothering to fix), and i well, swear like a sailor.

but im fun.

:)

i dont click like on automatic posts. at least not many. i dont expect anyone to click like on mine either, and have most of them turned off (i think)

so if anyone wants to enter my insane world, add away. LOL id say send me a message first but you cant. or at least i wont see it, so, dont waste the keystrokes.
  • fernweh001
    fernweh001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a friend request. I’m looking to lose about 125lbs so I need a lot of accountability! We can do this.