Anyone else in need of motivation

I've lost my motivation and need to find it!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    look under the couch cushion. i find all kinds of crap there.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,251 Member
    Motivation comes and goes.
    The real key to success is doing the thing even when motivation is flat.
  • Time2BHealthier
    Time2BHealthier Posts: 4 Member
    Yes. Same here.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Motivation comes and goes.
    The real key to success is doing the thing even when motivation is flat.
    This is true. In fact, one can be totally motivated at the start of the day and then a wrench can get thrown in and kill it. That's why it's important to be CONSISTENT because eventually, one doesn't need motivation to do a regular routine. You just do without sometimes even thinking much about it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• OZ8Tribe
    OZ8Tribe Posts: 9 Member
    I feel you
  • berwicksue
    berwicksue Posts: 10 Member
    It's pretty common to periodically lose your motivation, especially if you've been at it a while. The key is to never give up. I create diversions for myself, like changing my food pattern and trying something new that is still on program. Recently, I changed to having a salad for lunch, instead of a sandwich. That one small change started my weight loss again, which is a huge motivator. Just remember not to be too hard on yourself, because that can do even more harm. Hang in there!
  • hdriding75
    hdriding75 Posts: 151 Member
    Hi I'm Mike. I've recently lost over 50 pounds. I can help and I'm sure you would help me. Add me if you'd like
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Sometimes it's a breeze and natural. Sometimes it's taxing and I need motivation to appreciate my progress
  • tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member
    y52338e19k2r.jpeg

OML I love this.... priceless. And also an accurate depiction of me lmao
  • tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member
    This happens to me all the time......... I literally think about which steps I can take: Do I have it in me to do a full workout? NO. Do I have it in me to squeeze into my workout clothes? (putting a sports bra on is literally enough to deter me at times.) NO.

So this is my worst case scenario where I won't put workout clothes or sneakers on but I tell myself I have to do SOMETHING. I leave my pajamas on, stand in front of my TV and start with squats. I just squat at a moderate pace for a bit. Then I get on the floor and do modified (on the knees) push ups. I just keep moving forward with as many modified, low impact movements as I have the energy for. Sometimes I literally just lay on the floor and only do exercises from there (leg lifts, crunches, bicycle twists, etc.) I burn 200 calories or less, but I move and give my muscles something to do.

There have been weeks where I literally just do this for 3-4 days and get ONE real workout in.... but the next week I found some motivation again.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I literally got up to get lunch today and said, outloud, "UGH".

I don't feel like dealing with 'real' food. I don't wanna exercise. I want to put on PJs and loaf on the couch with a bag of chips or bag of candy.

Fortunately routine got my dressed and at my desk, my dogs' routine and expectations got me out the door to play some frisbee, and my routine at the grocery store meant that chips and candy aren't an option in my house so I threw some fruit on cottage cheese and had some sliced deli meat for lunch.

My motivation is 0. My routine's dragging me along nicely though.