Hello

Options
Hello, I have been on a weight loss journey since January of this year. I started at 180 pounds and wanted to die. I tried V-Shred, and dieting on my own with no success. I joined Optavia and lost a lot and was feeling great however spending 400 per month on their food got old quickly. Plus the food is good however it gets old quickly. So In four months I lost 40 pounds. Which is great yes! I met someone who said that I could do the Optavia with eating my own food. I also wanted to work out really bad. I was a skinny fat. So I got this app not really seeing much benefit to it quite honestly. I need to know if I am wanting to work out and drop weight what I need to do. Optavia says no working out during weight loss. I cant keep just sitting around. I want to be active and work, I know right who every says that? I am trying to do low carb. but this whole macro thing is just too complex. I really need help.

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I'd not previously heard of Optavia, but after a google it looks like it's an MLM weight loss meal plan service? I'm immediately skeptical about any advice they would provide; avoiding exercise while losing weight is a big red flag by itself, honestly. That's not to say that exercise is a prerequisite to losing weight, but if you want to exercise and be more active, by all means do so.

Here is a good list of popular "getting started" posts to help you get familiar with the site and how best to utilize it for the results you want.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

• boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Not working out while losing weight seems like a good way to lose a bunch of muscle mass in the process. Your body needs to get stronger in the process.
  • charliefitnow
    charliefitnow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats for 40 pounds!