Fiber counting

grbunni
grbunni Posts: 2 Member
Hello! I am curious as to why the food diary doesn't include fiber counts. It has protein, carb, etc. but not fiber. Seems like that would be important to include. Thanks.

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    You can edit what nutrients you track.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    MFP does track fiber, it's just a matter of finding the right screen/view to see the data.
    For example, in the android app, hold your phone in landscape mode to view the diary with columns for carbs, fiber, sugar,...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    grbunni wrote: »
    Hello! I am curious as to why the food diary doesn't include fiber counts. It has protein, carb, etc. but not fiber. Seems like that would be important to include. Thanks.

It does.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,343 Member
    edited August 2021
    Please remember, entries on MFP are crowdsourced. Many are in error, and many are incomplete and may not even include fiber.

Some people enter only calories, fat, protein and carbs. They don’t bother with the rest.
  • grbunni
    grbunni Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks so much for your response. I found where you edit the settings and changed mine. I just joined a few days ago. My favorite thing is the circle on the food page that shows the pie parts for protein, carbs and fat. One look and I can see I need to increase protein and lower my carbs.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    MFP does track fiber, it's just a matter of finding the right screen/view to see the data.
    For example, in the android app, hold your phone in landscape mode to view the diary with columns for carbs, fiber, sugar,...

@Lietchi Thanks! Been here 10 years and had no clue that my phone would do that. Ya learn something new every day. :)
  • jakers6108
    jakers6108 Posts: 19 Member
    Speaking of fiber....would something like a fiber gummy (supplement) make you feel full? What are your thoughts on this?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,116 Member
    jakers6108 wrote: »
    Speaking of fiber....would something like a fiber gummy (supplement) make you feel full? What are your thoughts on this?

I doubt it.

I use psyllium husk daily and a pile of psyllium husk as big as two average sized gummies is not noticeable as far as filling/hungry. And the gummies aren’t pure fiber. There’s other ingredients.
    How many grams of fiber does the label say the gummies have?