Weight loss

Options
Hello! My name is Abigail, I’m about to join the national guard and currently need to lose 30-35lbs. Tips and tricks would be amazing!!

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Hi Abigail, welcome! How long do you have before you join? Some advice you get will be based on how many weeks you have to work with to lose the weight.

My initial tip is to enter your stats into this app, set your weekly weight loss goal to a reasonable amount (the app allows you to enter .5 lbs. to 2 lbs. a week, and the healthiest goal will depend mostly on your starting weight). Start weighing all solids, and measuring all liquids, and log every bite and sip, and staying within the calorie goal the app suggests. Your weight will fluctuate up and down depending water retention, and you might not see much progress for a few weeks but if you are consistent you will see results.

I suppose the trick here is whenever you get discouraged, focus on your goal of joining the National Guard weighing less than you do now. Trust the process, and best of luck :)