Omega 3 fish oil supplements

Options
Does anyone take omega 3 fish oil supplements?

I’m thinking of buying it and trying it for a month. Just curious if anyone else takes the supplements and if it has had any results.

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for?
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    What kind of results are you looking for?

From what I read online, it can possibly help with weight loss. I also don’t eat a lot of fish so it would help in that regard with my diet.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is any real evidence that they help weight loss. Some evidence for depression, wound healing, decreasing inflammation, heart health and general well being. Though really I think you get the same benefits from eating seafood that is high in omega 3, three times a week, plus you get protein and othe nutrients from the fish.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,943 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, your wasting your time and money. Health, another story altogether and I would advocate fish in the diet as opposed to supplementation. imo
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yeah I take omega 3 6 and 9 as I don't eat much fish and don't get much in my diet. I have a pretty well rounded diet but without it my total cholesterol goes a little bit high sometimes, and with taking it regularly it stays within "normal" range. Doctor reckons at worst it might not actually matter since it is only slightly high some of the time but at best it might help my long term health, and won't do any harm.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    I take it to try and help my cholesterol levels. There is no way I could eat enough fish or other sources to do the same thing with diet. Too expensive and my diet it limited due to medical reasons. I am lucky to afford eating fish 1 day a week.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,915 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    My eye doctor recommended Omega 3s because the DHA helps protect against macular degeneration, glaucoma and dry eye syndrome.