Options
MyRflctn
MyRflctn Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, everybody. This is my first week at MFP. I’m Dee, and my goal is to make a lifestyle change: learn more about nutrition and exercise smartly 5 to 6-days as week. Growing up, my models were Rachel McLish and Corey Everson. I loved their look, and I wanted to be as fit as they appeared to be. Maaaanny years later, not much has changed.

I’m finally in that place where I believe in who I am, I know I can do it, and I’m ready to wrest control of my life from my fears of the unknown, the relationship changes, the unwanted attention, and the failure. It’s going to be a long, hard road, and I’m ready for the challenge. Bring it on! I’ll be smiling all the way. (On the inside, of course.) 😄

Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are ready for success fellow Canuck 👍🏾👍🏾
  • MyRflctn
    Options
    No more trying. Trying just sets you up for for failure. Nike got it right. Just do it! So I’m doing it. Not all that well to start of with, but I’m doing it! 😃
    My hardest challenge to start off with is detoxing from sugar. Mm! That ice cream looks so good and is ridiculously tempting. But I can’t gave any! 🤪
  • klt052194
    klt052194 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Every day a new challenge you can meet.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    MyRflctn wrote: »
    No more trying. Trying just sets you up for for failure. Nike got it right.

Yoda, too
  • MyRflctn
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Viking_Dad wrote: »
    Yoda, too

Yes! Yoda came up with it first.
    Yoda: “Try not. Do or no do. There is no try.” (1983)
    Nike: “Just do it”. (1987)
    I like Yoda much better. 😉