MFP Members from the Philippines

Options
Kumusta! I'm looking for MFP members from the Philippines.

There are a few information about nutrition and fitness for Southeast Asians. Some studies I've read online show that our nutrition needs are a bit different from our Western counterparts, calcium intake for example. Although there are some Filipino foods are already included in the MFP food database but it is not enough that I find myself finding the closest thing to adobo or tocino or pancit.

So, I was thinking we can support each other by sharing exercise ideas and nutrition information based on our culture.

I hope I can meet more Filipinos who are aware of the importance of health and who desire to be and stay fit.

Replies

• thea0101
    thea0101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi here, I'm new here. How are you doing so far? :)
  • kryptonite08
    Options
    hi also a new member from the philippines. what do u guys eat for snacks?

problem i have is i dont know what to eat in the afternoon for snacks and all nearby places are fastfood like jollibee and kfc. hope we can help each other out
  • krisgettingfit
    krisgettingfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm pinoy and new here. :)

Currently struggling with the last 15 lbs until my ultimate goal weight.

The only filipino dishes that I find healthy are the vegies. Although Chopseuy is Chinese and pakbet is spanish, I think. They're my usual food preferences. Then when it comes to dining out, I just order garden salads.

My only problem is stress. When I'm stressed or frustrated, I tend to binge, eat a lot, whether healthy stuff or junk food. The cravings are strong, especially at night. And I can't really do anything about it because I'm still a student and "pagsusunog ng kilay" is inevitably part of being a student. :(
  • tintin9
    tintin9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone. I'm sorry I haven't checked this thread I started. I didn't think anyone would reply. I was surprised I saw comments here. Thanks.

I stopped using MFP for a while but I'm back. I've been logging my calorie ins and outs for 30 days already (before I made it to 100). See you around the site!
  • tintin9
    Options
    Hi! I just realized I was out for a year! Yikes. But I'm back to counting calories. How about you?
  • tintin9
    Options
    Hi here, I'm new here. How are you doing so far? :)

Hi! I just realized I was out for a year! Yikes. But I'm back to counting calories. How about you?
  • tintin9
    Options
    hi also a new member from the philippines. what do u guys eat for snacks?

problem i have is i dont know what to eat in the afternoon for snacks and all nearby places are fastfood like jollibee and kfc. hope we can help each other out

Hi! I had this problem before. Until I found some online articles about snacking on nuts - specifically walnuts and almonds. I've tried both and I found it effective! I hope it will be effective for you, too.
  • chu04
    chu04 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey, guys. I'm new here as well :)
  • tintin9
    Options
    Hi! I'm pinoy and new here. :)

Currently struggling with the last 15 lbs until my ultimate goal weight.

The only filipino dishes that I find healthy are the vegies. Although Chopseuy is Chinese and pakbet is spanish, I think. They're my usual food preferences. Then when it comes to dining out, I just order garden salads.

My only problem is stress. When I'm stressed or frustrated, I tend to binge, eat a lot, whether healthy stuff or junk food. The cravings are strong, especially at night. And I can't really do anything about it because I'm still a student and "pagsusunog ng kilay" is inevitably part of being a student. :(

Hi! I read that salads can be great because of their low calorie count... but without the dressing. I read that a serving of Caesar salad can have around 1,000 calories! I've learned to eat salads without dressings. And I get to savor the naked taste of the vegetables :)

Hay. It's a good thing I'm done studying! I know how stressful it can be and how stress affects our weight. When I'm in a stressful situation at work, I take a break to breathe and calm myself. If you have this urge to binge eat, try to snack on nuts (walnuts or almonds). I tried them and it did really curb my appetite. Also, find time to talk or better yet, run. Even only for 10 minutes. The oxygen intake during your physical activity will help you relax and lower your stress. And hopefully, with a clear mind it will help you with your school work :)

Good luck!
  • tintin9
    Options
    Hey, guys. I'm new here as well :)

Hi! Welcome to MFP! Glad to find another Filipino user.
  • chainess413
    Options
    Hi! Im from the Philippines too!
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Singaporean but staying/working in the Philipines!

I love mang Inasal and after doing some research, the chicken is about 390 cals, the rice about 210 per bowl, but the chicke oil... It's a type of seed oil and its 119 calories per tablespoon! I usually eat like 8 tablespoons when I eat mang Inasal! :(
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    me!!!
  • marianapril
    marianapril Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump! sino pa po active? add me... or add ko? :happy:
  • cesstan30
    cesstan30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also from the Philippines based in Makati/BGC. I'm new here and I'm looking for accountability partners and new friends with the same goal of fat/weight loss. Anyone here still active or just starting out like me? 😊 I would also love to join an FB/Viber group or something