Am I the only one that can't stand Jillian Michaels?

Options

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I always try to rent or borrow dvd's from the library before I buy them and I am so glad because when I got one of hers I didn't last two minutes before I had to shut her off! It wasn't the workout, it was her! I wanted to do a jumping side kick at the television. This might give me some extra exercise but it's not good for the TV and my hubby might get a little mad if I kill his big fancy plasma. ;)

I do love the Beachbody people! I've done P90X twice and now I'm doing a P90X/TurboFire hybrid. I want to be just like Chalean (sp?)when I grow up!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am actually motivated by her......but then again I had a trainer at the gym (female) that used to get in my face, and smack my *kitten* and yell to motivate us......some hated her - I loved her, too!

I think her body is perfect and so I'm following her - hoping that I'll get there someday.

I do mute it though, I love to workout to music - like really awesome kick butt music!
  • RKORTON
    Options
    I tried a few of her workouts but I personally felt that she was trying to kill me so I had to walk away.
  • KKullberg
    Options
    I did not care for her on the Biggest Looser nor the Dr's. I thought I would give one of her workouts a try and totally agree with you that she sounds like nails on a chalk board. For some not for others:)
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I find her hypocritical, when they went through her fridge and all the food was "bad" food, but she lambastes people for eating "bad" food...ugh. I'm not sure I coul.d take 30DS, but I might try it.

She lambastes fat people for eating bad food. Get fit, keep fit and you can enjoy some bad stuff. I don't think that's hypocritical at all.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly like her, but her workouts are killer, so I put up with her.

One thing I REFUSE to do is her yoga DVDs. I like to relax while doing yoga, not have some horse-voiced crazy woman yelling at me.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I can't stand her either but I do use the 30 day shred, I try to do it mostly from memory after the first go and leave the sound off haha! I personally think the program could be done better, some of the dynamic stretches she uses aren't even approved from a safety perspective (according to the physiotherapists I work with).
  • megamoo04
    Options
    OMG I HATE HER LOL
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    She sure likes talking. Like, a lot.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I can't stand her either. Don't know why exactly, she just gives off this fake vibe that grates on my nerves. She doesn't even have to say anything. Didn't like the woman from the first time I saw her in a picture.:ohwell:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I do her videos on mute. Her voice sucks.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have her Ripped in 30 DVD...and she creeps me out. I mean, she keeps asking the girls to talk into the mic, which is buried in her cleavage. Her voice annoys me, too. But her workouts are awesome & I've been losing weight pretty steadily since I started. So, I guess it's kind of a Catch 22 when it comes to her...
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I can't stand her either but, I love the workout.

Mute button and the Ipod do wonders.

I listened to the her the first 6 days I did it, her comments didn't even make sense. lol...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like everything she stands for. Have you ever read her books, excellent advice! I like her work outs, how she feels about eating.... Then we get to her... I've actually had to mute the TV, something about her, or the way she talks or presents herself when she talks...I can't stand it. She just really pisses me off.

Edit: I think another user figured out a good word. "Fake" that is a perfect word to describe the impression she gives off anytime I've seen her on TV, interviews, work outs. But I can't really knock the information she gives.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    She annoys me, her work outs are great but she is annoying.

"Come now! Dont you DARE phone this in!"

Really?! lol

I know!! What the hell does "phone it in" mean anyway?!?! Just started 30 DS and I have no idea what she's talking about most of the time, but she doesn't irritate me... yet. :laugh:
  • Relicgoddess
    Options
    FAT!!!! FAT!!! YOU'RE ALL FAT!!!

*Falcon Punch*

Thus would end our first meeting
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hate her. I hate her and her little friends. She's a horrid ***** and I wish hell upon her. I have to admit that hating her makes me work out harder. I'm aware that "400 lb people do jumping jacks, so can you" and if I want to have abs like that I have to work for it.... and you know what, I'm doing it. So eff you Jillian. I can't wait to have a banging body and I'm going to send her a before and after pic and thank her for being a *****.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan either. I have many other videos that I look forward to doing.

For those that can't stand her - but do her videos anyway "because it's a good workout" ??? Jillian Michaels did not INVENT "the good workout" - there are plenty of other instructors out there who do a good job - they just don't have the PR background that Ms Michaels has.
  • staceyGO
    Options
    She's even more annoying in Ripped in 30 and her overt flirtations with her "girls" borders on sexual harassment. However, my drive to punch her in the face transcends in my drive to workout hard during her videos.

hahaha, she is so strangely touchy with them in Ripped in 30. My husband said she has ape eyebrows... what ever the hell that means. lol.

You can;t deny her time and toning efficient workouts tho! The Finessista (http://fitnessista.com/) loves Chelean and the Tone It Up girls, have you ever tried there workouts?
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of hers either. Just something about her that irks me...