I am 60 plus

Options
I would love to join an active group. There are lots on here but some are not active anymore. I am 60 plus and how do you join?

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don’t see any active groups for older adults. I am not quite 60 yet. Maybe you will get responses and can start your own group or have a running post for discussions.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    Options
    Hi, @ArmindaJoanna

I’m not in any groups per se, but there’s many threads here for older users. Check in the “getting started” and “general” discussion boards and they are usually fairly close to the top.

There’s many users here in our age range, both new, and experienced successful users.

At the risk of sounding trite, age is just a number. Wisdom is universal, and you’ll find a lot of it scattered here in various threads, if you make the commitment to visit often and engage.

😘
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    This thread is pretty active:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

Like all threads that have been going for a while, the newest posts are at the end, so don't be discouraged if you open it up and see older posts. People are still posting. You join in that one just by posting whatever you like, maybe an introduction, or reply to something someone else recently posted, ask a question, whatever. Pretty friendly bunch there, in my experience.

I'm 65, hanging around here maintaining my weight, after using MFP to lose weight a few years back. There are quite a few of us 60+ folks around.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Yup. The thread AnnPT77 mentioned. That’s where we hang out.
  • ArmindaJoanna
    ArmindaJoanna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies! I am real proud of my age. I am so thankful to be 65! I need to be heathier so loose some weight!