Smoothie recipes needed

Options

Replies

• Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I go to Kroger and buy various flavors of low-cal yogurt then mix my favorite fruits in. This gives me a big variety of flavors. My favorite is the Pina Colada flavored yogurt (80 calories I think) and a banana with ice and about 4 ounces of water. Enjoy.
  • statia152
    Options
    http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/

Strawberry cheesecake, thin mint and mocha freeze are just a few of the shakes listed here! The base is super thick, almost impossible to sip through a straw. A little high in calories, but I just half the "base" recipe if its for snack. There are a bunch of varieties for you to try, and maybe you will create your own.
  • Chydi
    Chydi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here's mine

P.S. You can't taste the green stuff. I promise!

Green Smoothie

Number of servings 1-2
    Serves people
    Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Water/Ice - Municipal, 2.5 cup 0 0 0 0
    Frozen Mango, 0.5 cup 60 16 0 1
    Frozen Blueberries, 0.25 cup frozen 27 6 0 0
    Banana Whole - Peeled and Frozen, 0.75 81 21 0 1
    Frozen Strawberries, 1 cup 50 13 0 1
    Red Swiss Chard - 0.5 cup, chopped (175g) 18 4 0 2
    Kale - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped 17 3 0 1
    Spinach - Raw, 2 cup 14 2 0 2

Total: 267 65 0 8
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... Yummy recipes all around
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yummy recipes, im going to try the black forest one tomorrow
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    papaya shakes are soooo good!! just add some sugar or honey and milk, blend, and you have a delicious, delicious drink =D.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've not worked out the amounts properly yet but this is too good;

A desert spoon Berry Sorbet
    1 Banana
    A handful of Strawberries
    Some frozen blueberries
    A small tub of light yoghurt

This one I made a few days ago worked out to 300 calories and has got me drooling now.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My Pina Colada (298 calories depending on the coconut milk you use): 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/3 cup coconut milk

Blueberry Blend (180 calories depending on the yogurt you use): 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1cup blueberries

I usually also add in a scoop of my vanilla protein powder to these and have one for breakfast. :) Be careful about using yogurt, though. A lot of them are really high in sugar and you already get a lot of sugar from using fruit.
  • amwainw
    amwainw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have one that I make thats pretty good. You need the following:

1/2 banana
    1 c strawberries and blueberries
    1 scoop protein powder
    2 c of soy or 2% milk
    2-3 ice cubes
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Your smoothies sound decadently delicious!

I make a variety at home on a regular basis...here's one, healthy and creamy

2 C Baby Spinach
    8 Fresh Strawberries (green leaves on in my Vitamix for extra nutrition)
    1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/4 C Plain Greek Yogurt
    4 packets Sweet n Low
    2-3 C Ice
    1t Vanilla
    Apple cinnamon smoothie- 1 chopped, peeled & cored apple, 1/2 scoop low fat vanilla ice cream/frozen yoghurt or fat free yoghurt & crushed ice, semi skimmed or skimmed milk, 2 tsp applesauce (optional but yummy), pinch of cinnamon, dash of vanilla extract, crushed ice.

Black Forest smoothie- Handful of frozen cherries (or fresh ones, pitted), 1/2 scoop low fat vanilla ice cream/frozen yoghurt or yoghurt & ice. 2tsp chocolate powder (either protein powder or hot chocolate/ cocoa powder). Grated choc to garnish & a cherry (optional but pretty!)

Peach melba smoothie: Fresh peeled peach or canned peach (in natural juice not syrup)- 1/2 scoop low fat vanilla ice cream or yoghurt & ice, milk, fresh raspberries.

All these sound quite naughty but they are low cal- and really satisfy a sweet tooth. perfect for a sweet brunch or desert.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies everyday for my husband and I. Lately, they have actually been my lunch. I have a really hard time just sitting and eating any type of fruit so I turned that in to my smoothie a/k/a my sweet treat everyday. My husband loves it when I mix them up,but most of the time, my smoothies are right around 300 calories and I use 1/2 cup of fat free milk, 1/2 orange, 1/2 to 1 banana 4 large strawberries, 1/2 peach, and or apple along with a fiber one 50 yogurt. I love the yogurts because of the fiber and I just throw it all in a blender, skin and all ( not banana ) and mix it up with ice. My hubby is addicted!! Plus, I get my fruits everyday and it is simple for me. I know that I get my daily requirements in a very large smoothie, I might add. I tried to blend up my veggies once and although I drank it, I hated it!!! I will not be doing that again. I just enjoy that nice fresh salad with dinner every evening. I cut my veggies ahead of time and just grab and make my salads. Fruits and veggies daily............. check! :wink:
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    this'n is definitely "bump" worthy!!
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My smoothies change with what I have left. My favorite one though will always be this:

small handful of frozen strawberries
    1 small banana (or half a large one, eat the other half!)
    some fresh pineapple (a little less in volume of the strawberries)
    extra ice

Blend together until creamy; top with whip and pomegranate. :)
  • asedersten
    Options
    Pumpkin Smoothie
    Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 185.5 • Fat: 0.5 g • Protein: 10.6 g • Carb: 40.7 g • Fiber: 2.6 g

Ingredients:

1/2 cup pumpkin butter (see below for recipe)
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup crushed ice
    6 oz nonfat Greek yogurt (or plain would work too)
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon (to taste)
    2 tsp packed brown sugar (or to taste)

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with a straw.

Pumpkin Butter

Servings: 14 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 88.2 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 1.0 g • Carb: 27.3 g • Fiber: 2.5 g

Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup apple cider or juice
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    2-3 cinnamon sticks
    1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Directions:

Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to your taste
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Today we had a good one - banana, vanilla and blueberries.... Mmmmmmm......

With fat-free onken vanilla yoghurt, ice, milk, fruit (above)... Lovely :-)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I pretty much drink the same smoothie every day with some variation. If I am using protein powder, I use 1 scoop plus 1 tbs peanut or almond butter, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. If not using protein powder I use 1 container of either light n fit or activia yogurt. Sometimes I add 1 cup of baby spinach if I have it in the house. If I am jonesing for chocolate I'll add 1 tbs of cocoa powder and that's in addition to the chocolate protein powder!
  • ceciliageekie
    Options
    1cup of diet white soda
    1 cup frozen fruit
    put in blender i like
    mango and pineapple together
    also mixed berries
    awsome
  • shannon121278
    Options
    I use about the same base, but change up the fruit in it depending on my mood.

-1/2 cup of fit and active vanilla yogurt
    -1/2 cup of fit and active vanilla soymilk
    -3/4 cup of ice
    -sometimes about 1/2 tbsp of honey

I usually use a banana almost everytime, because I love bananas. But I've done everything from canned pineapple, to frozen mixed berries, to frozen blueberries, to frozen mango, to canned mandarin oranges, to frozen peaches. Be creative with the fruit.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Smoothie
    Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 185.5 • Fat: 0.5 g • Protein: 10.6 g • Carb: 40.7 g • Fiber: 2.6 g

Ingredients:

1/2 cup pumpkin butter (see below for recipe)
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup crushed ice
    6 oz nonfat Greek yogurt (or plain would work too)
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon (to taste)
    2 tsp packed brown sugar (or to taste)

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with a straw.

Pumpkin Butter

Servings: 14 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 88.2 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 1.0 g • Carb: 27.3 g • Fiber: 2.5 g

Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup apple cider or juice
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    2-3 cinnamon sticks
    1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Directions:

Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to your taste

oh my this looks amazing!!