Body Fat %? Pics Included

Options
Wondering what my body fat % is. 35yo, 5'10" 152.6lbs as of 8/8/21, was ~170lbs 5/28/21. ~1000 cal deficit/day & 150-180g protein/day. Running modified All-Pros broken into 6 days/week, 3 lifts/day vs 3 days/week, 6/lifts/day, skipping 8 rep week, and ahead of schedule (over 10% weight increase after 12 rep week). Goal is ~150lbs or less, ~13% BF. At my deficit I have a feeling I my lifts will begin failing/progression stalling around that point and may need to begin bulking. Any questions, thoughts, or welcomed and advice appreciated.

zi12cxivstlm.jpg
4gf7f54vnwq1.jpg
ixz00x4znkyf.jpg
js6hlulim2v5.jpg

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Looking at you, I feel like your current physique would be more improved by adding more muscle rather than getting leaner with the muscle you currently have - just my personal taste and your goals may be different. You have a bit of a lower belly but it looks more like a weak core and bad posture than fat.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hard to tell, I don't think any of us are "experts". But this is a reliable way to guess your BF% in my opinion, for me it's right on :

https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

And yes I think should clean bulk, you can put more muscle mass in the arms, shoulders and chest.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    what is Ypyr waist circumfrance around your belly button parallel to the floor?

You're about 15% or so if that matters.

I wouldn't be concerned about upping the intensity as keeping or upping the volume to help retain mass on such a high deficit or if you bulk. Its essentially the same volume needed for both goals.

• Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

34"
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    you can buy calipers at a very reasonable price and get an actual measurement. they are easy to use. my guess based on your pics is between 13%-15%.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    you can buy calipers at a very reasonable price and get an actual measurement. they are easy to use. my guess based on your pics is between 13%-15%.

I have a set of calipers and am getting in the range of 15%.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

34"

If it were me I would change your deficit from losing 2lbs per week to .5-1lb if you havent already and continue monitoring your trend of waist circumference and body weight loss on average.

I would also use programming that isn't based on weight increases but auto regulation with sufficient volume you can recover from.

Of course you could bulk if you want. It would be shorter lived and results would be lraning towards the back half of a bulk. There is no wrong or right answer.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    15%-17%

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Looking at you, I feel like your current physique would be more improved by adding more muscle rather than getting leaner with the muscle you currently have - just my personal taste and your goals may be different. You have a bit of a lower belly but it looks more like a weak core and bad posture than fat.

Would you suggest to OP then to add more ab exercises in addition to the compound exercises that he's already doing?
  • DoctorMOHSEN
    DoctorMOHSEN Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I totally agree, I think you should focus on putting more lean mass rather being worried about fat percentage for now, because if you go on a cut and your lean mass isn’t that much big you will end up skinny fat and results aren’t satisfying
    ( happened to me for my first cut)

You can guess your body fat percentage from such pics like this but not reliable ones but will just give you an idea.
    1723ca15ym46.jpeg

My big advice is you dont rush in lowering your weight be patient and put more mass 😇

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

Would you suggest to OP then to add more ab exercises in addition to the compound exercises that he's already doing?

The exercises which I personally found helped my core and posture most were compound exercises, especially push-ups. I do like the ab roller which is like a push-up but dynamic and working a lot more on the eccentric.