Moving over from Spark People

Hi! My name is Ally and I am a former Spark member.

uqhpqjpmo5cz.jpeg

As you may know, (if you are familiar with Spark People) they will be closing their doors tomorrow August 17th, at 8:00 AM.

Spark People was a wonderful app… and, there may never be another out there like it… but, sadly, not everything lasts forever. I feel sad about losing such a great app, but I accept that it’s time for me to move on. Maybe not so much of closing the book, but more so turning the page… this isn’t the end of my journey. It’s only the beginning.

I’m excited for a fresh start on MyFitnessPal.

Let’s follow each other and encourage each other and help each other grow on the way of reaching our goals.

I love meeting new people and making new friends - gathering insight, knowledge, and advice from others.

If any of you that were on Spark recognize me, please feel free to reach out.

💗💗💗💗💗

Replies

• Jamesever
    Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
    Good move, Ally!

I'll support keeping this near the top of the MFP feed by commenting while transitioning to a new beginning.

1ptm0i7mdhe7.jpg

• AllyyLizzyy
    AllyyLizzyy Posts: 2 Member
    Hi James, good to see you here! :)

Is it okay to post sunset pictures on this site? How about pets and recipes as well?

• Jamesever
    Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
    Ditto. I know your sunset photos will work. Although, once you gather your tribe, your private MFP feed could work as well. It's easier to see each day (for me). As for recipes, I'm sure that'll work, too. Play around and see what fits for you.
    😊
  • suRippedUsa
    suRippedUsa Posts: 15 Member
    Hi I too was oN SPARKPEOPLE
  • jettrout
    jettrout Posts: 16 Member
    Hi Ally. I'm not very good at the MFP thing yet. I'm working on it. Good to see you here too.
  • amynegrete1
    amynegrete1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Ally! I was on SP too. Hope to see more of your beautiful sunsets. I just read your last few posts over on Spark. So glad your dad is loving and supportive. My dad passed away last year. Never skip an opportunity to let your dad know how much he means to you.
  • StevenTheFit
    StevenTheFit Posts: 11 Member
    Former SparkPeople member too. Glad to see you Ally. I'm not sure MFP will work for me but I'll use it for the community if nothing else. Count me in as part of your tribe :smiley:
  • janton228
    janton228 Posts: 32 Member
    Hi ally and everyone else here...i am just over from sparkpeople , too..and will be a big adjustment..but glad to see so many "posts" that i have read over there..Lets make this work.
  • jibbie49
    jibbie49 Posts: 10 Member
    I came over from SP as well & am so sad they closed as I was there nearly 14 yrs. I lost over 70# & have kept it off.
  • oldskool56
    oldskool56 Posts: 15 Member
    Good morning woke uo thinking I would be able to get on my SparkPeople for a hr or two before they closed down because was said closing at 8 am and it was already closed down at 6 am I was so very sad ,but yes we must move on and try new things .have a blessed Tuesday and good luck on your Journey ahead.
  • Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 962 Member
    Good morning fellow SP refugees.
  • Luvsclassics1
    Luvsclassics1 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Ally, and everyone!!. I just moved over from Spark People, too. Feel free to add me as friend.
    I’ve been doing the 5% challenges with BABS, Beautiful Amethyst Butterflies, and a Group Same name has been set up here on MFP. Can join.
    For me, I like the community aspect. Learn from others. Is there a recipes section here?
  • Lolabrug3
    Lolabrug3 Posts: 8 Member
    I am also from SP. I too was looking forward to one last day but the site was closed when I tried to log on. Oh well! When god closes a door he usuallt opens a window.
  • DuathlonDon22
    DuathlonDon22 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I'm Don......welcome to mfp...I was on SP, but not very active....please feel free to add me as a friend on here if you wish...I log in daily and I'm supportive...I'm a runner and cyclist...hope to see you soon!
  • BrennanArmacost
    BrennanArmacost Posts: 10 Member
    w7wtusl3t0i4.jpg

It's easy to add a picture here, but I it's very difficult to add one in your blog. But not impossible, I hear!
  • BrennanArmacost
    BrennanArmacost Posts: 10 Member
    I don't know how to size the photos, though, maybe in your computer.
  • webberblessings
    webberblessings Posts: 5 Member
    I am BeccaWebb123 from Sparkpeople
  • Moonbear7
    Moonbear7 Posts: 9 Member
    I remember seeing your beautiful pictures on the community feed! Hopefully we can all settle in to MFP.