Hi, I'm Gillie. Please be my friend.

Hi everyone--

I've been down this road a few times before, but this time, I'm traveling it a little different way and focusing more on self-care than necessarily trying to make appearance-based changes.

A little bit about me:

I'm a little weird, a lot chaotic, and mostly kind of entertaining to the right audience.

48 year old wife, mom, Mimi, business owner, and obsessive dog mom. My family and pets are perfect, and I won't let anyone else tell me otherwise.

Cancer survivor, cardiac lifer, and habitation space for multiple chronic illnesses, but they're mostly just annoying things that get in my way and make me cranky. When I'm cranky, I'm sarcastic as h****, and that seems to amuse people. Lemons, lemonade, yada yada.

I love all kinds of music, all kinds of adventures, and all kinds of people. I don't have room for you in my life if you don't agree that EVERYONE is human and deserving of dignity, including all races, all sexualities, all genders, all ability levels, and all religions. "No cap", as my grandkids say. I don't know what it means, either, but it usually tends to go with statements like this. Did it work? Am I cool again? I miss being cool.

**Exceptions to the dignity rule: people who victimize others. Those people only deserve THE HALL OF ETERNAL BAREFOOT LEGO STEPPING, and I'm not afraid to sentence you there, and probably berate you colorfully whilst so doing.

I'm sure there are other things people might like to know that I'm missing here, but that's the high-level overview. If I sound to you like someone you might want to talk to, let's be friends! It's good to meet you.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    I love your intro and spunk. Welcome to MFP!
  • Fit4life_2021
    Fit4life_2021 Posts: 2 Member
    just started again. feel free to add me folks xx
  • MsCountryRoads68
    MsCountryRoads68 Posts: 4 Member
    Well, I'm all in. Let's be friends :)
  • pinkbaba03
    pinkbaba03 Posts: 18 Member
    Feel free to add me! Done it once and gained it all back. I’m back at it again, about a month in! We can motive each other.
  • Luvsclassics1
    Luvsclassics1 Posts: 6 Member
    Yes, add me.
    Just bought tie-die blue jog pants for fall, like the fun outfits! Going to exercise w/ a cheerful spirit! :)
    Now that summer is coming to a close soon, less ice cream, and can focus.

Agree with you, everyone deserving of their own space here.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    Welcome to mfp! First, I love your intro. Second, THE HALL OF ETERNAL BAREFOOT LEGO STEPPING sounds like serious torture.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm a 38 year old work from home mom & wife with my own list is health issues. I love reading, music, movies and don't think I have ever been cool. :D However, I do have an entire collection of hats (church, baseball, crazy, derby, etc) and a collection of crazy salt & peper shakers. If I can't be cool I can be quirky.
  • DuathlonDon22
    DuathlonDon22 Posts: 21 Member
    I've been on mfp for quite a while....I'm a runner/cyclist....I log in daily and I support everyone in their journey...feel free to add me everyone....
  • cmo5333
    cmo5333 Posts: 22 Member
    I am also a little weird, an obsessive dog mom, crabby (although it’s almost all the time) and sarcastic. We should be friends!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,238 Member
    Hey. Send me a friend request if you wish.

I’m almost 60 pounds down with another fifty or sixty to go.
    Chronic illness spoonie.
    And my sense of humor is cranky and dark. With glitter.

There’s also a new group for those of us who are working on weight while dealing with disabilities. Come join us if you like.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141248-disability-fitness-and-weight-management-we-are-here-we-can-do-this