Hi All - coming from Noom

Options
Hi I'm A lifelong veggie trying to low carb... any help gratefully received!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm terrible at sticking with low-carb, but @psulemon may have some tips to help you out.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JaydhMF wrote: »

Generally, i recommend people starting off slow. Focus on whole foods, low gi fruits/veggies, and overall eliminate or reduce starches. Diary, especially greek yogurt, is a great way to get protein and be filling, pending you don't get brands that have a lb of sugar in it.

Outside of that, calorie tracking and preplanning can be a best tool for success.
  • RA_Warrior
    RA_Warrior Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am just become a vegan, due to health issues and I would love to be friends with someone who could help me with my new lifestyle.
  • klt052194
    klt052194 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    While being Veggie is laudable, I thought the title of the post was "Hi All - coming from Noom."
    I'm in the process of figuring out MFP after 1 year of Noom. Anyone else a Noom convert? What's your take on the two programs?
  • thatminivanlife
    thatminivanlife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    klt052194 wrote: »
    While being Veggie is laudable, I thought the title of the post was "Hi All - coming from Noom."
    I'm in the process of figuring out MFP after 1 year of Noom. Anyone else a Noom convert? What's your take on the two programs?

I've done both on and off. My Fitness Pal wins (even the free version) in terms of access to information and ability to create a community. Noom probably wins if you're a beginner and need someone to organize the information for you, but I found their food coloring coding system to be really annoying, and my brain always wanted to find ways to get around logging red foods (like if you log caesar salad, it's green, but if you log each thing separately you get red in there). I don't need any help making value judgements about my food, and I understand the idea behind "just choose a little of those" but it was really unhelpful for me creating a habit of logging.

I'm still in my Noom subscription, but I've stopped using it in favor of this.
  • klt052194
    Options
    klt052194 wrote: »

I've done both on and off. My Fitness Pal wins (even the free version) in terms of access to information and ability to create a community. Noom probably wins if you're a beginner and need someone to organize the information for you, but I found their food coloring coding system to be really annoying, and my brain always wanted to find ways to get around logging red foods (like if you log caesar salad, it's green, but if you log each thing separately you get red in there). I don't need any help making value judgements about my food, and I understand the idea behind "just choose a little of those" but it was really unhelpful for me creating a habit of logging.

I'm still in my Noom subscription, but I've stopped using it in favor of this.

Me too! How do I friend you?
  • klt052194
    Options
    JaydhMF wrote: »

Did you try Noom?