Database too congested with wrong information.

Options
BobbyC321
BobbyC321 Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2021 in Getting Started
I think if we use the nutrition charts on products, when possible, we'd have a better database.

Replies

• BobbyC321
    BobbyC321 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Springlering62. Thanks for the information. I agree with you, that it repopulates when I eat the same foods which is exactly what I do. I am creating my own recipes also to make it a quicker process. This app really helps me monitor my diet and have been successful at keeping the numbers below my goals. Unfortunately, everything has too much salt. It is nearly to keep that number below the recommended amount.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    rbuffalo3 wrote: »
    Springlering62. Thanks for the information. I agree with you, that it repopulates when I eat the same foods which is exactly what I do. I am creating my own recipes also to make it a quicker process. This app really helps me monitor my diet and have been successful at keeping the numbers below my goals. Unfortunately, everything has too much salt. It is nearly to keep that number below the recommended amount.

I used to really worry about the sodium numbers, til I realized that sweating as much as I do during workouts, I need the extra sodium.

It’s not always a bad thing.

You have to realize they’re only RDAs for a general population as a whole, and we each have different needs.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

As @Lietchi says, products do change. I’m still raining from my favorite chicken sausages being relabeled by the manufacturer from 60 calories apiece to 110 and 130. WTF!!! That sure put a damper on the sausage-fests.

Please lord tell me this was intentional
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »

As @Lietchi says, products do change. I’m still raining from my favorite chicken sausages being relabeled by the manufacturer from 60 calories apiece to 110 and 130. WTF!!! That sure put a damper on the sausage-fests.

Why? Did I stick my foot in my mouth (again)?

When I thought they were 60 calories apiece for a hotdog-sized chicken sausage, I’d sit down and eat three or four. Without guilt. It was like being given a license to eat, til they changed the calories on the package. 😢
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »

Why? Did I stick my foot in my mouth (again)?

lets just say urban dictionary has a definition for 'sausage fest'

it doesnt involve actual sausages

LOL

;)

lord i love you girly

• suitepea0225
    suitepea0225 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get confused by all the entries as well. Wanted to make Tri-Tip or a pork roast for dinners this week but am so confused by all the varying nutrition information. I eat so much chicken I think I found feathers on my pillow this morning hahaha
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    I get confused by all the entries as well. Wanted to make Tri-Tip or a pork roast for dinners this week but am so confused by all the varying nutrition information. I eat so much chicken I think I found feathers on my pillow this morning hahaha

try living on a farm. i literally HAVE found chicken and duck feathers in my house (though not in my bed... LOL)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

try living on a farm. i literally HAVE found chicken and duck feathers in my house (though not in my bed... LOL)

Same, same. We have a Jersey Giant with a gimpy foot living in a stroller in our living room right now.
    She will probably never be able to fight off raccoons, so she’s very likely a house chicken now, since she’s very sweet and I haven’t the heart to cull her.
    There are black feathers everywhere.
    Which is fine, since they blend in perfectly with the cat hair. :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options

Same, same. We have a Jersey Giant with a gimpy foot living in a stroller in our living room right now.
    She will probably never be able to fight off raccoons, so she’s very likely a house chicken now, since she’s very sweet and I haven’t the heart to cull her.
    There are black feathers everywhere.
    Which is fine, since they blend in perfectly with the cat hair. :D

totally sent you a friend request. I think we will get along just fine. LMAO