New to my fitness Pal

Options
nbuuifx
nbuuifx Posts: 23 Member
Just bought some smart scales after a good while without any scales and they weren't very nice to me 🤣

Now looking to lose some weight. I have a fairly active job, and run and cycle weekly, so looking at altering my diet a little too help to shift a few pounds.

Nothing massive, initially if like to lose 10lbs by Christmas which should be doable.

I don't think I eat too many bad foods, I think my issue is quantity of food and the fact that I'm always hungry 🤣

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Losing 10 pounds by Christmas is absolutely a reasonable goal :) Put your stats into MFP and enter your desired rate of loss as .5 pounds a week. While eating fewer calories than you burn is the only way to lose weight, you sound fairly active and if you're hungry all the time you may not be eating enough to support your activities. After you enter your data you may be surprised that you can eat more calories than you think while losing weight at a rate that will get you to goal by Christmas.
  • nbuuifx
    nbuuifx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Welcome! Losing 10 pounds by Christmas is absolutely a reasonable goal :) Put your stats into MFP and enter your desired rate of loss as .5 pounds a week. While eating fewer calories than you burn is the only way to lose weight, you sound fairly active and if you're hungry all the time you may not be eating enough to support your activities. After you enter your data you may be surprised that you can eat more calories than you think while losing weight at a rate that will get you to goal by Christmas.

Thanks, I'm always hungry and exercise tends to make me even more hungry!

I've put all my stats in, I've eaten normal meals today but no extra snacks etc. I'm feeling hungry right now! The good news is that the meals I ate are within the calories given for the target. I did a fast paced 5km run this afternoon which boosted the number of calories allowed, otherwise I'd have been a few over.

I've just got to get my head round which ones are ok to be under or over.

For example today, I'm slightly under on protein (142g with a target of 173g) and carbs (352 out of 433)

Fibre was slightly over (46/38)
    Sugar was under (81/130)

Fat was 1g over so pretty close.

Vitamin A and C were both well over.

Is the idea to get them all as close as possible? Or are some of them for to be under (fat, sugar etc)

Is it bad that the vitamin ones were high, vitamin A was 268/100.

My target of ten pounds will get everything back to healthy values I think but I'll probably set another goal after but I'll see how this goes first.