Newbie from South Florida

Options
Hello all. I am trying to get myself in shape and really look forward to meeting some great people here.

I am married with 2 kids and will be going back to work soon as a Swim Instructor and Lifeguard.

As you see, I have my work cut out for me. :wink:

Replies

• swimfit
    swimfit Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello all. I am trying to get myself in shape and really look forward to meeting some great people here.

I am married with 2 kids and will be going back to work soon as a Swim Instructor and Lifeguard.

As you see, I have my work cut out for me. :wink:
  • agapita1965
    agapita1965 Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal, glad you are here.
    This is the place to be if you want to hold yourself accountable.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :drinker: Here's to you getting a great start!!!!!:drinker:
  • Reeniec
    Reeniec Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new myself. I'm also in South Florida (Boca Raton). How about you?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • swimfit
    Options
    Hello! thank you for the note. I live in Port Saint Lucie about 45 minutes north of West Palm Beach.
  • swimfit
    Options
    Have you lived in Boca a long time?
  • swimfit
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome note. You are right this a good thing for me to hold myself accountable. I have tried soooo many diets! I am really hoping this time I will get it together! I am telling myself almost everyday that even if I do not lose a pound it is worth it because it is healthy for my body!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    good luck on your new journey, there are lot of nice and helpful people here to help you and encourage you to stay on track.. although I have only been on her for a week I have meet lots of nice people and I really love this site. It has got me quiet aware of everything I eat.. My husband went grocery shopping yesterday while I was at the gym and he got me a lot of fruit and veggies.. he is so wonderfull and encouraging too..

again good luck on your journey

sheila
  • tami1024
    tami1024 Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. I am from S Fl as well (Jupiter).
  • Reeniec
    Reeniec Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Boca for a little over 5 years but I've lived in Palm Beach County my whole life. I'm a native...:smile: