Be my Friend and push me to do BETTER

Options
1627ligzbxn2.jpg

Hello Everyone!!!! Well I'm down 45ish lbs and have about 10 more to go. Also need to start excerising WAY more than I do now.
Ugh I'm in a rut. :s
Took 3 weeks off from MFP, threw every restriction I had in place out the door and let loose. What can I say... my weight as of this morning didn't budge. Okay I can handle that! PHEW!! But come on SELF... I have 10 lbs to go to be at a healthy BMI...so close. I can do this, I GOTTA DO THIS.
Need some cheerleaders, friends, accountibility partners and some pushers. :)<3 friend me!!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    girl, you are rockin it! i think you are your biggest cheerleader! you look amazing!

you are welcome to add me if you want, and i talk a lot (ohhh a lot) but mostly about my crazy life and dogs and farm and antics!
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ive got 10 more to go as well, and trying hard to be consistent with working out. Feel free to add 😊
  • SomeMFPuser
    SomeMFPuser Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm back and am in a rut myself. In desperate need of motivation, inspiration and friends!
  • vickyjane8566
    vickyjane8566 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all ...I'm in similar place, 15 lbs or so gone, 12 left to go ...and it's been that way for almost a year now! Need help kicking the bad habits that are sneaking in, need to be held accountable! Feel free to add me 🙂
  • Betsiz17
    Betsiz17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just looking at your success pushes me to continue. Consider your success an inspiration to others, so go reach that goal!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Wonderful progress!

How fast are you trying to lose now? How long did the 45 pounds so far take? Sometimes various forms of burnout are a factor. It's probably useful that you took a break.

Some people feel differently (do differently - succeed, too), but I'm a big believer in intentionally sllllooooowwww loss for the last few pounds, as a nice off-ramp into successful maintenance. It's a way to practice and really cement all the good long-term habits that will be needed to stay at a healthy weight permanently (unless you've already done that). Slow loss is also the best partner if a person has fitness/exercise goals.

Speaking of fitness goals, what are yours, that make you say "need to start excerising WAY more than I do now"? Are you talking about resuming an exercise schedule that's dropped off a little, adding a new form(s) of exercise, achieving some competitive goal, pursuing some aesthetic or performance objective, or . . . what?

If things seem difficult right now, if motivation seems to be lagging . . . is there a chance that it would be useful to ease off the accelerator to an easy cruise speed?

Absolutely you can do this - you've already done most of it! But this next phase, those last few pounds, the transition to maintenance . . . it will present some new issues, IME. The things that were the best strategies in the thick of weight loss may or may not be ideal going forward, whether for the last pounds, or the happily-ever-after.

Can you say more? Can we help problem solve or something like that?

Wishing you all the best in the home stretch!

P.S. I'm a really regrettable MFP friend, not very active on that side of things (more of a forum gal, I guess), and by personality not cheer-leader-y. I like to help people who're going through phases I've been through, if I can, though. (I'm in year 5+ of maintenance, have been active exercise-wise for 18+ years, but stayed overweight/obese for about a dozen years of being active. About 6 years ago, I lost from just over the line into class 1 obese to a healthy weight, have been at a healthy weight since . . . after previous decades of excess weight. I lost 50+ pounds, around the same total you're aiming for.)
  • Chunky_Chick_Shrinks
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Wow, you look great! Wonderful progress!

How fast are you trying to lose now? How long did the 45 pounds so far take? Sometimes various forms of burnout are a factor. It's probably useful that you took a break.

Some people feel differently (do differently - succeed, too), but I'm a big believer in intentionally sllllooooowwww loss for the last few pounds, as a nice off-ramp into successful maintenance. It's a way to practice and really cement all the good long-term habits that will be needed to stay at a healthy weight permanently (unless you've already done that). Slow loss is also the best partner if a person has fitness/exercise goals.

Speaking of fitness goals, what are yours, that make you say "need to start excerising WAY more than I do now"? Are you talking about resuming an exercise schedule that's dropped off a little, adding a new form(s) of exercise, achieving some competitive goal, pursuing some aesthetic or performance objective, or . . . what?

If things seem difficult right now, if motivation seems to be lagging . . . is there a chance that it would be useful to ease off the accelerator to an easy cruise speed?

Absolutely you can do this - you've already done most of it! But this next phase, those last few pounds, the transition to maintenance . . . it will present some new issues, IME. The things that were the best strategies in the thick of weight loss may or may not be ideal going forward, whether for the last pounds, or the happily-ever-after.

Can you say more? Can we help problem solve or something like that?

Wishing you all the best in the home stretch!

P.S. I'm a really regrettable MFP friend, not very active on that side of things (more of a forum gal, I guess), and by personality not cheer-leader-y. I like to help people who're going through phases I've been through, if I can, though. (I'm in year 5+ of maintenance, have been active exercise-wise for 18+ years, but stayed overweight/obese for about a dozen years of being active. About 6 years ago, I lost from just over the line into class 1 obese to a healthy weight, have been at a healthy weight since . . . after previous decades of excess weight. I lost 50+ pounds, around the same total you're aiming for.)

HI! I'm not sure I have a target date in mind... I just want to get that scale moving down a bit more. Slow and steady wins the race. Took me about 8 months to lose most of the weight focusing mostly on nutrition vs exercise. I'd be happy to lose a pound or two a month. I want to be more mindful of what I am actually eating as I am starting to splurge more and more. I started to feel like a failure...I am so close to my goal but ugh the scale is just stuck but no-ones fault but my own; I know this! I found myself looking at my group of friends and how they ate so carefree and still rocked some fabulous bodies and here I am having to watch everything entering mouth. Self-sabotage almost won! Then I just happened to scroll by the "before" picture and was blown away by how far I have actually come. "enter motivation recharge!" B)

So I am taking this week to get back in the habit of daily food measuring and logging of all foods. Spending the weekend working on a healthier meal plan for next week. Building myself up again.

Fitness Goals: right now, I am just a 30 minute walker. I want to start working on strengthening and building some definition. I have a full weight bench set in the basement waiting to be dusted off. BUT! I hate working out...I do not enjoy it. Not sure why. But I want to use these next few months to maybe not fall in love with it but fall in like with working out. And encouraging my hubster to work out with me. I think this might be some good bonding time for us. He knows it's coming. Tuesday is our first gym date night. <3 Stay tuned :D
    Sadly, I have a partial knee replacement coming up later this year so I want to get a head start on some of this before going under the knife.
  • rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ditto ditto same!!!
    You definitely crushed it though! You look amazing! I'll cheer you on! we got this!!
  • jessica2021624
    jessica2021624 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! I’m trying to lose 10 lbs too and build muscle. You can do this! Rooting for you! 😀