Meal Delivery

2»

Replies

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I like Home Chef.I do 3-4 meals a week for my whole family with them.
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2021
    Panda, do you think they save you money or cost more? I think I save a little bit overall, and I definitely throw less food away. Another thing I like is I definitely throw about half the previous amount of garbage away because with the meal delivery I'm not using all that excess packaging.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Kevvboy wrote: »
    Panda, do you think they save you money or cost more? I think I save a little bit overall, and I definitely throw less food away. Another thing I like is I definitely throw about half the previous amount of garbage away because with the meal delivery I'm not using all that excess packaging.

It for sure saves me money, way less food waste, and I am a terrible impulse buyer at the grocery store, this means fewer trips to the store for me. It’s also been great to get my kids cooking more, the recipes are easy to follow.
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2021
    That's an excellent point, it has cut way down on the impulse buying at the store for me too. I only go in for stuff to fill in around what comes in the meal boxes - usually I had some salads and extra green veg especially now in summer when there is so much good fresh stuff. That's cool that it's got your kids cooking more. If you decide you would like to try the Marley Spoon/Martha Stewart boxes, I can send you an invite for a free box. If so, just send me your email in a direct message?
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    @Kevvboy - I will certainly consider a meal kit in future. I just cleared out my fridge yesterday and threw away so much money's worth of good intentions. I hate wasting food too and the meal kits would at least do all the planning out for me.

@panda4153 - I looked at the Home Chef page and that looks pretty appealing. I'll look into that with the Martha Stewart/Marley Spoon later.

I have just finished a whole week of keto meals and it has been so awesome! The next 8 meals arrive tomorrow. The meals were actually really good, but I will have to weigh my options in future after the initial deal is over (first 3 weeks) and they become more expensive. I'm thinking I might switch to having deliveries every other week after the first month to balance out the hefty price tag, and I'm going to make a plan of easy or ready to eat options for in-between. This weekend I felt really good and had lots of energy for the first time in a very long time and spending less time on cooking meant that I could start to tackle some lingering jobs around the house.
    I credit losing about 14 pounds, so I hope this will continue and I will continue to have the energy to do get my house chores finished and eventually start cooking again.
  • iam4scuba
    iam4scuba Posts: 39 Member
    Not sure if someone mentioned this and I missed it, but have you checked out the meals at grocery stores? You could buy several at a time and it's basically the same except you don't have to deal with the delivery, boxes, huge ice packs they send that sometimes burst, and it's probably healthier too. If you want to get food that lasts a bit longer, there are things like frozen pizzas that can be healthier (even some with non-bread crust, no cheese, etc.) that you just throw in the oven.

You can also do things like a precooked rotisserie chicken and microwaveable veggies.
  • wingsandahalo
    wingsandahalo Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in LA and have tried quite a few, here's my POV!

Territory - really good selection based on specific diet preference. You can choose between paleo, keto, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it was the packages are shrink wrapped so meals don't look at appetizing - though they taste delicious.

Freshly Fit - not as much diet preference but an overall good selection of meals. Good quality and tasty. I did this one for a while and then just became bored because I found my favorites and then overdid it with them.

Thistle - this one was good but had lentils in most of the dishes which I'm not a huge fan of. Very healthy though and worth looking into based on what flavors you like. Not as much diet preference specification as the ones above.

Hungry Root - this is a great option if you are looking for a vegetarian diet and don't mind some cooking. Simple easy to use ingredients that only take about 10 to 15 minutes per meal.

Veestro - Great option for plant-based food. The only downfall in this one is the items are frozen so you have to have room in your freezer.

Every Table - this is my current favorite. Lots of fresh salads, wraps, and you can get individual grocery items as well. It's not subscription-based which is also nice because you don't automatically get shipments sent out. Not as many hot meal options as the ones above. This one I have a referral code which is $40 off. https://everytable.com/subscribe?code=3J3LG5MP

Happy to answer any other questions on these and might be able to dig up a promo code for the ones above as well!