=D HS Homies (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
13»

Replies

• linemansgirl
    Options
    Okay, I am back! Thank you for your kind words everyone. The funeral was yesterday. We are now trying to get back to some semblance of normalcy, but it was such a terrible situation that it is really hard to think of much else. :cry: The family needs SO much prayer, there are now four kids & teens without a mama.

Needless to say, I did not get my water OR my jumping jacks in yesterday, but today should be better.

My oldest daughter is in sixth grade this year and I feel like we are FINALLY figuring out what works well for us. I am an eclectic homeschooler with Charlotte Mason and classical tendencies!!!!! :laugh: :tongue: For English we use First Language Lessons until 4th grade, then switch over to Rod & Staff. We use Math-U-See for 1st & 2nd grade, then switch to Teaching Textbooks. We also use Spelling Power, Handwriting Without Tears, Apologia Young Explorers Science, Institute for Excellence in Writing, Rosetta Stone Spanish, and Story of the World for History. I think that about covers it for now!!!

I will also be praying that the Lord will help all of us as we get the new school year started.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

I got about 30 JJs in during Turbofire. I had 10 glasses of water about 2.5 litres but don't know how many oz that is about 85oz I think.

martyxxx

ps I also only weigh myself once a month at Curves, last was 2 weeks ago at 175lbs.
  • doriekaye
    doriekaye Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    50 jumping jacks and 118 oz of water in today. Same as yesterday.
  • KayJayKing
    KayJayKing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    20 jumping jacks and 100 oz of water.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, August 30th. 70 jumping jacks and 72oz of water. Survived school today! yeah!
  • doriekaye
    Options
    Tuesday, August 30th. 70 jumping jacks and 72oz of water. Survived school today! yeah!

Yay! That's a REALLY good thing. :)
  • Sonchie
    Options
    I almost forgot how much housework i get done while my daughter does lessons and takes quizzes! woohoo!
  • Sonchie
    Options
    Ok homeschool moms, I did 250 jumping jacks today. They were a part of my intensity class. I also had 72 oz of water.

School today was tough. 3 quizzes! but we survived. My daughter is a very slow worker and I am learning how to give her all the time she needs.
  • Sonchie
    Options
    well, am I the only one checking in or is there a new link Ive missed? Anyway, We are in full swing of our homeschool year. Things are going pretty good!
    Ive been doing jumping jacks, but Im terrible about not counting. I usually do one minute intervals and I have counted about 70 per minute, so I will say I did 70 yesterday. Ive also been getting at least 64 oz of water each day. Some days up to 80oz.

I want to hear about some of your homeschool experiences!
  • doriekaye
    Options
    We're on our second day of school and things are going good. There was a lot of moaning and groaning yesterday, but today is better. The house is so quiet, I love it!! The bickering between the 2 of them is gone for a few hours a day, YAY!!
  • Rachelbluegirl
    Rachelbluegirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I so relate, Dorie! The bickering during the summer drove me nuts, but it sure goes away when I keep them busy doing schoolwork. :)
  • evangpattismith
    evangpattismith Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    well sarah and i have been doing school for a week and it's goin great. i went with A.C.E and we are loving it. anyway, i just wanted to check in with everyone and see if we still have a group going? pray everyone is being blessed!!
  • Sonchie
    Options
    we are 5 weeks done with school and I am happy to report that my 13 year old daughter hit a level of maturity that she is a bit more self motivated. GLORY TO GOD! Im almost bored sometimes, but it allows me to get my exercise, laundry, and housework done early. I do actually get excited when she calls me for help. LOL I love teaching her.
    As for exercise, I should still be getting close to 2000 minutes for the month, so I will not complain! Happy schooling MOMS!
  • KayJayKing
    KayJayKing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I hope you are all doing well.

I guess school has gotten us all busy!
  • Mommyhoodx10
    Options
    How do I join this group? I'm a HS mom too? ;-)