Where Is the "calories burned from daily activity" coming fr

Options
I have re-read my "goals" multiple times to see why the math is just not making sense to me. If when checking my fitness pal it says my BMR is 1300. And my Net calorie goal is 1100 how does that make my daily deficit in calories 700?

f1d8594a.jpg

Someone please explain to me!!!

Replies

• Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Did you enter that you were excercising 500 calories a day? I believe they take into account the exercise calories you said you were going to burn.......
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't know where the 1100 came from, MFP never gives out less than 1200. But BMR is just your resting metabolism ,how much you'd burn if you laid in bed all day doing nothing. What you'd need to eat to maintain your weight is where the deficit comes from.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    1890 - 1100 = 790
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    MFP won't go below 1200, so you must have set that yourself?? A basic rate assumes you do nothing but lie in bed, I believe. So how you answer your activity level questions will play into how many calories it assumes you need just to keep breathing.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I put that I'd burn 1190 calories a week or atleast 298 calories 4 times a week. Even still doesn't that mean Mfp is counting my calories burned in net calories and then again in the expected calories to burn? Where are they getting 500 calories from daily activity ontop of my BMR.
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Okay here is the maths:
    When you look at the goals on top right hand side it says you burn 1890 calories on daily basis, now your target is set @ 1100, so if you eat 1100 calories , without any exercise you would end up with 790 calorie deficit 1890-1100= 790 calories.
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    Your daily activity is what you said your job type is. I said mine was a desk job so my daily activity isnt that much higher than my BMR. So if you have a more active job then you are burning more just in your "daily activity" therefore your deficit would be the 700
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    MFP won't go below 1200, so you must have set that yourself?? A basic rate assumes you do nothing but lie in bed, I believe. So how you answer your activity level questions will play into how many calories it assumes you need just to keep breathing.

Yes I set it to 1100 recently myself. That makes sense though! I understand where they get that information now. :)