New to MFP, fitness tracking devices and logging foods

Options
Hey everyone. I'm new to MFP and I'm exploring how it works. I've been running for some months now and decided to use this app to eat healthier. My motivation to stay healthy is pretty much moved by numbers and stats. I have a Garmin watch that keeps track of calories burned. Any advice on keeping the habit of logging the foods consumed? Sometimes can't find the food that really matches what I eat.

Replies

• kathaden17
    kathaden17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new too! I also have a tracker, but I have a Samsung Active 2. Of course, MFP is having issues connecting to the app for Samsung Health so there is no syncing my steps. However, for me and tracking food, I either scan it, or I will break down what I made. It gets soooo tedious. That is my only suggestion! I am sure people will have way better ones than me lol. If you want a fitness and accountability partner, I am hoping to make some friends!!!
    -Kat
  • ivanperez84
    ivanperez84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, thanks for your reply. You got my point. It gets so tedious that I might end up losing this good habit of tracking what I eat. My goal is to make better healthy choices, based on my food numbers. While I'm not working I track food very easily; the problem is on weekdays, when there's little time to track. But I'll try my best. Which exercises do you track with your samsung active? I am hoping to make friends too.

• kathaden17
    kathaden17 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hey Ivan!
    I usually do my bike riding, elliptical, "free weights" and then just a general workout for when I play my workout game!
    Tracking food bloowss. However, I find that a ballpark helps me more than when I used to get fixed. Just aware that some things are hiiigh in calories or carbs is important for me to catch on to!
  • Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, it's pretty tedious at first and takes some time. Hang in there, people tend to eat the same things, so once most of your foods are in your frequent foods list it will be easy when you're busy just to check mark your food and change the serving size of needed. If you can't match up your food, you can always create a new entry and log that.
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, thanks for your reply. You got my point. It gets so tedious that I might end up losing this good habit of tracking what I eat. My goal is to make better healthy choices, based on my food numbers. While I'm not working I track food very easily; the problem is on weekdays, when there's little time to track. But I'll try my best. Which exercises do you track with your samsung active? I am hoping to make friends too.

Welcome!

I've found that I do better tracking when I prepare my food for work the night before. I will get my food around for the next day, weigh it and enter it in. It's all done and I don't have to worry about it while at work. I just eat what I've packed knowing it's already entered. Just a suggestion.