If you love ice cream.....

fitwithfaith256
fitwithfaith256 Posts: 15 Member
You'll love this homemade sorbet!!!! Roughly 85 calories per one cup serving. (you can plug the recipe into mfp and get the exact calories/macros) 3 ingredients!

1 16 oz frozen bag of your favorite fruit (I use wal mart brands) like pineapple chunks, peaches, frozen mixed berries, blackberries, raspberries....whatever you like!

1 frozen banana (I buy a frozen bag of great value sliced bananas and use one bananas worth approx 120 calories)

1 premier vanilla protein shake (Or wal marts equate verision of premier protein shake)

Mix all three ingredients into a vitamix, or nutribullet or ninja. You need one of these emulsifying blenders not a regular blender as a regular blender just won't do the job.

puree on high for one minute....stir well and puree another minute. IF it's a wee bit to thick add a little bit of water to it.

Dish out into six one cup covered containers and freeze. It will freeze hard to when ready to eat either microwave for about 20 seconds to soften right up OR set out an hour before you plan on eating it.

Other variations:
1 16 oz bag frozen peaches
1 frozen banana
1 premier peaches and cream protein shake

OR

1 16 oz bag frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
1 premier strawberries and cream protein shake

OR

1 16 oz bag frozen pineapple chunks
1 frozen banana
1 premier bananas and cream protein shake

Get creative!!!!
wn7x63hkh15p.jpg
6ptsbztp6nw5.jpg

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Thanks for sharing this, so much healthier version to the stuff I really love butter pecan or rocky road ice cream. Used to love banana nut ice cream, and I see you use frozen bananas with this. Great options, I'm going to give it a try I have frozen strawberries now I need the protein shake and frozen bananas but I'm willing to give it a go thanks. Hope this works in my Ninja.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I love love LOOOVE my Yonanas Frozen Dessert Maker which produces soft serve 'ice cream' instantly without having to re-freeze anything. I've never thought of adding protein; thanks for that!

Also, I've cut yellow summer squash to the size of a banana, sweetened with monkfruit overnight in the fridge, and used that to replace some or all of the banana to save calories.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    MsCzar wrote: »
    I love love LOOOVE my Yonanas Frozen Dessert Maker which produces soft serve 'ice cream' instantly without having to re-freeze anything. I've never thought of adding protein; thanks for that!

Also, I've cut yellow summer squash to the size of a banana, sweetened with monkfruit overnight in the fridge, and used that to replace some or all of the banana to save calories.

do you taste the squash instead of the banana? I'm intrigued!!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    That's brilliant! I'm going to try the peaches and cream version, thanks for sharing!!
  • MsCzar
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    do you taste the squash instead of the banana? I'm intrigued!!

The squash is flavor neutral when you use young squash (about 10"/25cm or smaller) I slice it into quarter wedges lengthwise, sprinkle on monkfruit sweetener and let it sit in the fridge overnight before freezing. The squash adds volume and texture for about 20 calories. I still sometimes add a half banana just because I like the flavor. But yellow squash/strawberry/black raspberry is my favourite sans banana combo.
  • NinaMorgan27
    NinaMorgan27 Posts: 8 Member
    That texture looks amazing! Definitely going to try this :o
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. I will be trying this tonight 😋
  • This looks great, ice cream is definitely my go to sweet. I have premiere shakes for breakfast every day so I always have these on hand. Definitely going to try this!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Just a question about your blender. Does the Ninja make quick work of frozen bananas and other frozen fruits?
    I have a cheapie blender and it takes forever to blend up frozen fruit. :(

Your combinations sound delicious and great tip on the yellow squash replacing bananas!
  • MsCzar
    A Ninja will usually do the trick if you use smaller sized pieces that aren't too solidly frozen, but just know that a blender chops and you will usually need to re-freeze before eating. A Yonanas machine grinds the frozen fruit and produces a soft-serve consistency that's ready to eat. I believe that Cuisinart also offers a version of the Yonanas frozen dessert maker.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Just a question about your blender. Does the Ninja make quick work of frozen bananas and other frozen fruits?
    I have a cheapie blender and it takes forever to blend up frozen fruit. :(

Your combinations sound delicious and great tip on the yellow squash replacing bananas!

Ninja is pretty awesome. I don't do the ice cream thing, but I use frozen bananas and other frozen fruits in my morning smoothies and it makes quick work out of them. Berries and things of that nature I just toss in whole. Larger fruits like bananas, etc need to be cut into chunks.