My Little Success

SisterSueGetsFit
SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
edited August 2021 in Success Stories
I’ve previously lost 50 (ish) pounds on MFP. Fast forward, I gained about 20 back, losing/gaining same 10 for years. In the last 9 weeks I buttoned things down, hit a heavy lifting program again and have been pretty vigilant about tracking. I’ve also granted myself quite a bit of grace. But, even with that, I’ve been able to drop 12 pounds. I’m .6 pound from hitting that 50 pound mark again. I’m hoping to accomplish that by September 1. I’ve got 20 pounds to goal. I’m dialing my weekly loss down from 1 pound/week to .5. Here is my success from the last 9 weeks. Wishing you all health and success.
rjz1x8os9j0s.jpeg
bcao1eou0gdr.jpeg
257ojlxka0oh.jpeg

Replies

• DarlaJL82
    DarlaJL82 Posts: 58 Member
    Way to go!!! Looks great!
  • kapurcel
    kapurcel Posts: 27 Member
    That’s a BIG success!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Congrats!! You look amazing😀
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Huge success!
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    You look amazing!! What heavy lifting program did you do please?
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    amioc wrote: »
    You look amazing!! What heavy lifting program did you do please?

I actually have a personal trainer I’ve been working with 3x a week since the beginning of the year. Recently I started going to the gym on my own and lifting as well. I also incorporate 30 minutes of cardio each day either walking on the treadmill or using the rowing machine.
  • walk4fitness42
    walk4fitness42 Posts: 4 Member
    Fantastic :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    Sue got fit, indeed! Love this!
  • bhappy5332
    bhappy5332 Posts: 461 Member
    Fabulous job!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Thanks, everyone!
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    You look incredible!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Wow! I can really see a difference from your commitment and consistency! Keep it up! And thank you!
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Sue, I am so proud of you. You have been on my side here since almost day one and I have watched you. You are one of my MFP heroes and I have no doubt that you will achieve your goals here -and in real life. Your determination has always inspired me to do better. In the end, you are one of the reasons that I succeeded. Thank you for that from the bottom of my heart.
    I wept reading this. Although I know I may have initially inspired you…. The tables have turned. Whenever I talk about my weight loss journey, I always talk about you. how amazing you are. How resilient you are. How much you wanted this, and how successful you have been. I also talk about your eloquence in your blog and how I couldn’t be happier for you. You now inspire me. I’m so glad our paths crossed. All my love. -Rachel (aka SisterSue)
    Awww that’s so lovely guys 🥰. If you don’t mind could you both please add me 🙏. I could really do with some help and motivation and you both sound like your great at supporting people 💕
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    inspiring, I have been fighting with 5-7 pounds for years now, need to get determined like you. I lost 40 lbs like you about 10 years ago.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Way to get is Sistersue!
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    I would call that a huge success. You look incredible 👏
  • nancydriedger
    nancydriedger Posts: 48 Member
    Looks like you have spent a lot of time making fat cry! Awesome job!
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Wow!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!