Meatloaf - how do you make yours

Options
herillusion
herillusion Posts: 62 Member
I'm going to make a meatloaf tomorrow and wanted to know how each of you make your meatloaf.

How I generally make mine: 93/7 lean ground beef, oatmeal, Worcestershire sauce (just a little), ketchup, onion & peppers diced, egg, salt and pepper.

Replies

• Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mine is super easy...one pound lean ground beef (93/7), 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and one egg. Mix all together, put into an 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for one hour. Makes about 9 servings, roughly about 120 calories each! I love it!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has a recipe for turkey quinoa meatloaf that is fantastic! That's what I make now that I am eating better and trying to be healthy. Before... wow... not so healthy :)
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey!
    Don't knock it til you try it.

Use this recipe for meatloaf or patties.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/actually-delicious-turkey-burgers/detail.aspx
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I use to make mine with ground beef but changed in the last few months to ground turkey and make it into muffins. Low carb, low fat, and low calorie. yum yum yum.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Dang double posting:( sorry
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    OMG ~ I have a crazy way to make meatloaf thanks to my mother's recipe. I mix the ground meat with egg and breadcrumbs which is pretty basic. I then form it into a meatloaf shape in a pan that is slightly larger so there is room around the meatloaf. I form like an oblong cavity within the meatloaf and put in pieces of lo fat cheese (quite a bit) and then form the meatloaf around that. I then top it with jarred salsa (the healthiest I can find). Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or so and the cheese oozes out and the salsa gives it a little kick. I but the cabot lo fat cheese brick. It kind of tastes like a cheeseburger. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What's meatloaf? They always talk about it on the simpsons but I don't know what it is
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    lean ground chuck
    a packet of maple brown sugar oatmeal (THIS is good, believe me)
    one egg
    splash of milk
    crushed whole wheat ritz
    season salt
    pepper
    garlic powder
    red pepper flakes
    chopped onion
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    2 lbs ground turkey
    1 lb ground beef
    1 can tomato paste, 3 eggs, 1 cup dried minced onion, 1/2 diced green peppers and a dash of yellow mustard salt and pepper.. top with ketchup or more tomato paste and bake 400 degrees for about 45- 1 hr. yummy and low carb!
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey, season it like I would tacos (usually just packaged seasoning), use chopped up tortilla instead of crackers or oatmeal

put 2/3 of the meat mixture in the pan and make a dip in the middle
    fill the dip with fresh avocado slices and cheese
    cover with remaining meat
    bake and serve with pico de gallo

sorry I don't have any exact measurements, I don't usually use recipes...just throw stuff together lol
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    oh, its easy. i tell my wife i want meatloaf this week, and she makes it. lolololololololololol.

seriously, its one of the dishes my wife makes. and she uses just ground turkey meat.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I make mine with ground beef, 1 egg, a cup of water (or broth, depending on the next ingredient), a packet of onion soup mix (or just some dry minced onion, in which case I use the broth instead of water), some parsley and random spices, and oatmeal. If I have baby spinach, celery, and/or carrots, I'll chop them finely and put them in. I never put any kind of ketchup or tomato in it because I don't like it.
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello there!! Mine isn't very healthy,so i don't make it very often-but it's delicious!! :wink: Here's what i add:

Ground beef,or ground turkey

1-2 eggs

crackers,croutons or stove top stuffing (to hold it together)

ketchup

mustard

bbq sauce

bacon(cooked to crumble in mix)

french's french fried onions for the top

and of course any seasonings you would like to add

and bbq sauce and ketchup mixed together to coat the top of it before you cook it

bake on 350 degrees and depending on how dense takes 45-60 minutes to cook
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i use a veal/pork/beef blend, egg, chopped onions, italian spice, parm, breadcrumbs and then wrap it in bacon
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    mine is ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg white, worchestershire sauce reduced sodium, heinz 57, yellow mustard, seasoning, onions...mix all together...bake with ketchup spread on top...so great!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Ground turkey, parmesean cheese, dijon mustartd, and roasted red peppers and its oh so frickin' delish!!!! Inbox me if you want the recipe. To die for!
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use old fashioned oats as the stretcher. Adds fiber, tastes great! :) So 1.5 - 2 lbs either 93/7 ground beef or ground turkey (it really is good), two handfuls of oats, a couple of eggs, a squirt of reduced sugar ketchup, salt, onion powder (or chopped onions depending on who's eating it w/me) and pepper. Bake in a round cake pan for a little over an hour @ 350 (not doing it in a loaf pan saves time, as does making individual "loaves" in a muffin tin).
  • Goal4Good
    Options
    CEDARHURST......With recipes like that, I want to be your MFP friend. Wow but that sounds good! I make an awesome meatloaf now but I never thought about putting lowfat cheese in the center! Wow!! Just think of the variations! Maybe add some diced peppers, onions and cheese in the center too. Wow..
    Thanks for that post!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I seriously just add whatever is in the fridge to ground beef or turkey +worchestershire sauce, bread crumbs and one egg. normally that means garlic, onion, tomato,and whatever else sounds good at that moment.....I think I need to make it soon, I wonder if my hubby would like it