How do you get your Weight Loss moving again after it Stalled

Options
I have been doing MFP and working out for 4 months and I'm happy to say I have lost 25 lbs. Its an average of about 1.5 lbs. a week. For the last two weeks I have NOT been able to drop any weight. I have not changed anything, still eating under 1200 calories a day and doing about an hour of cardio a day. Has this happened to anyone else? Did you just stick with it and the weight loss started back up or did you have to do something to trigger it to start moving again? I'm thinking about trying intermittent fasting.

Replies

• Chunky_Chick_Shrinks
    Options
    Might be time to change a few things to ramp up things. Typically when I start stalling I either need to increase my carb intake for a week or two or same with the protein. Your body is getting a little comfy and needs a little change.
  • rmorgan37
    rmorgan37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 155 lbs. When I stated I was 180. The scale did finally move down 9 ounces today. :) All good replies! Thank you! I'll use them the next stall.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    rmorgan37 wrote: »
    I am 5'4 and 155 lbs. When I stated I was 180. The scale did finally move down 9 ounces today. :) All good replies! Thank you! I'll use them the next stall.

At your about your size, 5'5" and mid-150s (started 183), 1200 *plus* eating all exercise calories was punitive,it turned out . . . felt good until I hit a wall, got weak and fatigued, took multiple weeks to recover. No one needs that.

Stalls on the scale can be signs of over-stress. Not for sure, of course. But consider.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    eat more.. exercise less... your body has stalled. Less is more. You'll start losing again.
  • rmorgan37
    rmorgan37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok, I ate more and went a few days with out exercise and I dropped a pound. Wow. LOL
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Ok, I ate more and went a few days with out exercise and I dropped a pound. Wow. LOL

bodies can be really weird sometimes LOL
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

At your about your size, 5'5" and mid-150s (started 183), 1200 *plus* eating all exercise calories was punitive,it turned out . . . felt good until I hit a wall, got weak and fatigued, took multiple weeks to recover. No one needs that.

Stalls on the scale can be signs of over-stress. Not for sure, of course. But consider.

Piggy backing off of OP’s question!
    I’m 5’5 CW: 150, started in June 2020 at 190. I have 10lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I just can’t seem to drop these last 10. Granted I’ve been REALLY slack. Logging everything is starting to annoy me but I know the data makes it easier to achieve. I am beginning to resent the daily log and I think my stall is because of this. So I’m not sure what to do. Suck it up and keep logging? I wonder how sustainable that is though…
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »

I’m 5’5 CW: 150, started in June 2020 at 190. I have 10lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I just can’t seem to drop these last 10. Granted I’ve been REALLY slack. Logging everything is starting to annoy me but I know the data makes it easier to achieve. I am beginning to resent the daily log and I think my stall is because of this. So I’m not sure what to do. Suck it up and keep logging? I wonder how sustainable that is though…

I think you do know what's wrong.

I don't think I can help with a solution, unfortunately. I don't find logging annoying at all (have been doing it most days for over 6 years). I recently lost 10-15 pounds ultra-slowly but reliably over many months, so painless, seemed almost magical . . . but I don't see how it would be possible to get both that slow *and* reliable without logging.

If you've been logging for a while, is there any chance you could use experience with your meal patterns to keep calories at reasonable levels, use the scale (plus maybe a trending app) as a backstop, or something like that?

I know a lot of people find the last 10 pounds more difficult and slower, or start to wonder if it's even worth losing them. You'd probably get more and better answers if you posted your own thread with this specific question, rather than trying to divert OP's question. There have also been other threads about how to lose the last 10 pounds; might be able to find some recent-ish ones via the search function. (I don't recommend really old threads, like more than a couple of years old. They too often have outdated, bad advice in them.)
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »

I think you do know what's wrong.

I don't think I can help with a solution, unfortunately. I don't find logging annoying at all (have been doing it most days for over 6 years). I recently lost 10-15 pounds ultra-slowly but reliably over many months, so painless, seemed almost magical . . . but I don't see how it would be possible to get both that slow *and* reliable without logging.

If you've been logging for a while, is there any chance you could use experience with your meal patterns to keep calories at reasonable levels, use the scale (plus maybe a trending app) as a backstop, or something like that?

I know a lot of people find the last 10 pounds more difficult and slower, or start to wonder if it's even worth losing them. You'd probably get more and better answers if you posted your own thread with this specific question, rather than trying to divert OP's question. There have also been other threads about how to lose the last 10 pounds; might be able to find some recent-ish ones via the search function. (I don't recommend really old threads, like more than a couple of years old. They too often have outdated, bad advice in them.)

Thanks for your tips. I’ll think about starting my own post.

Carry on as you were OP 🙂