ISO friends who have lost 100+ lbs (and counting!)

Options
Bunski
Bunski Posts: 27 Member
edited August 2021 in Motivation and Support
I'm looking for some friends who might be in the same boat I am!

I have a lot of great support on here, but no one who's really quite on the same page as me. I started my weight loss journey in June 2020 at 317 lbs. I've lost 130+ since then and still have a significant amount to lose to get to my goal weight.

I would really like to have some people on my friends list who understand the struggle of losing a lot of weight and coming to terms with a body that you've never had before. It would be nice to talk to someone who can commiserate with discovering the joys of having a lap for once, or sympathize with the oodles of loose skin I find myself with.

If you fall into this category and want an active and supportive friend, add me!

Replies

• itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes feel free to add me!
  • itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Although I haven't lost my weight yet, I'm only 41 lbs down so far.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ive lost 189 from 2015 till now. maybe 2014. i dont really know anymore lol took a 5 year break at maintenance after losing 130 ish of it.

have anywhere from 30-60 to lose... depending on well, how i feel. look. how tired i get of it all. whatever. regardless, im in no rush and have other health issues going on at the moment (not weight related) and... I'll get there when I get there.

You are welcome to add me as a friend, I accept nearly all the requests I get, but I always give the warning that I'm not the friend for everyone. In your case, I don't know that I feel like I am facing the same struggles that you are, as I lost my weight for the most part slowly and (most of it anyway) some time ago and my body is just ... my body. I dont have loose skin issues, though its possible at some point I do. Dont get me wrong, I could point out a hundred perceived flaws LOL but maybe not the same ones you feel you have ;) Aside from that, I dont talk a whole lot about diet and weight loss on my page. Sometimes, sure, but mostly, I talk about my life and farm and dogs. Usually I try to make it funny, this week has been quite a bit toned down for me just because I'm in a lot of pain and dealing with doctors and the insurance company and all that garbage (dont get me started). But usually I try to keep it a lot lighter and more fun. You (or anyone else) are always welcome to add me and if you decide I'm not your flavor of crazy, delete me, and it never hurts my feelings.

Congrats on the awesome weight loss! That is truly awesome and I know how much work it is!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    Although I haven't lost my weight yet, I'm only 41 lbs down so far.

41 pounds is awesome! don't short change yourself!
  • Bunski
    Options
    Thanks! I've added you both. @callsitlikeiseeit congratulations on your amazing loss and maintenance! I am not really concerned with my "flaws"... I am more looking to celebrate the things that perhaps other people might have taken for granted all their lives, like being able to fit into normal size chairs and not having to worry about weight limits on furniture any more. I am just hoping to have a few more people in my friends circle who have been there!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    Bunski wrote: »
    Thanks! I've added you both. @callsitlikeiseeit congratulations on your amazing loss and maintenance! I am not really concerned with my "flaws"... I am more looking to celebrate the things that perhaps other people might have taken for granted all their lives, like being able to fit into normal size chairs and not having to worry about weight limits on furniture any more. I am just hoping to have a few more people in my friends circle who have been there!

definitely with you on that. not so 'new' to me anymore, but still close enough in the memory banks i still look at the weight requirements! my bestie and I are taking our teenage boys to mexico next summer. She cant do a lot of the physical activities we have planned due to a previous back surgery, but one of them is ziplining. im way under the weight limit (but would not always have been!) same for the parasailing. youd think id KNOW i dont have to look anymore, but i still do.

fitting comfortably in airplane seats and amusement parks rides is another one....and i swear the seats in cars have gotten bigger LMAO
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @Bunski I'm 103 pounds down and have some more to go as well. So I totally get needing someone in the same boat...I'll send you a request. :) And congrats on your progress so far!!!
  • Bunski
    Options
    @Firefly743 great to have you as a new friend!