Could it be my coffee?!?

Options
I haven't lost weight in 3 weeks in spite of the fact that I log everything I eat and exercise 3 times a week.

I actually just upped my caloriess thinking maybe I wasn't eating enough.

Then this morning while enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee it hit me. I never log the coffee I drink at home only starbucks and other coffee shop type drinks. Did the math today and my average 3 cups a day (I know I need to cut back) with my creamer that's 81 calories a pop = 1701 calories a week I wasn't logging. Had no idea it was that much seemed like such a small thing

Feel kind of silly but hoping that it's the key

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    yea it certainly isn't helping. Log everything you eat and drink to be sure you are counting your calories correctly
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Could be a plateau and more calories might get you going again. You could cut the calories in your coffee by using a different creamer. How much exercise are you getting in? Maybe you just need to switch things up some, add a different exercise, drink less coffee, add a few more calories... good luck
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    A few hundred extra calories a day can make a difference. As you already pointed out, at the end of the week, that's nearly half a lbs. worth of calories.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Entirely possible...I went from a pot and a half of coffee a day down to 2 (20 oz) a day, simply because my vanilla creamer was consuming 1/4 of my daily calories and I just can't manage black coffee. Have to say, as an added bonus, I feel alot better at the end of the day once I stopped overcaffenating myself.
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    try putting milk in your coffee instead of cream
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would say for most coffee-drinkers, it's not the coffee, it's what you add to it!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    What creamer are you using? That seems high per cup. I have found that even getting straight up light cream is only 30 calories a tbsp. I've started using Ideal which is a new sweetener and I like it. :-) One tbsp of half and half is around 18 calories.
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    If it's regular coffee...it has virtually no calories until you load it with sugar and cream....even then it doesn't compare to a full blown Starbucks cappucino's and the like....so it really depends what you add to your coffee. I use Splenda and fat free cream, so my coffee is barely 20 calories
  • becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I totally agree it's what I add to it

I use a fat free creamer but too much of it I hate the bitter taste of coffee but have upped my coffee intake when I gave up diet soda
    I will be exploring other coffee additives but also trying to lower my coffee intake

Just learned a valuable lesson on logging EVERYTHING