Ultimate Accountability Challenge, September...Personal Success and Friendly Support

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
5hheu9dklza8.jpg

UAC Welcome September 2021
We enthusiastically welcome newcomers and ongoing team members!
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!
The 3 Big Rules accountability is a regular posting of your:
1) 20 minutes or more of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming less than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
And
Those who regularly post throughout the month, are celebrated as UAC Champions
Join us by clicking on the link and joining our team!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141327-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2021

Replies

• doubleplay_643
    doubleplay_643 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Count me in !!!
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I’d love to join!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    h5f31z7j1czs.gif
    You are welcome to join the team!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
    And

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141327-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2021

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a member since January 2021 and it’s a game changer. It’s not magic, making the winners circle is hard, but we don’t give up. I’ve only made the winners circle once, but I’m still here, still developing good habits. The people on the UAC have become friends who provide support, encouragement, and advice. Join us, stick with it, you won’t regret it.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I have been reading faq’s-should I start now or 9/1? I would like to start now but I know I am not eligible for winner’s circle til end of September
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I've been participating in this group since May and there is no way I could recommend this group any higher.

I fall into the "weight losers" category of members as I am trying to lose weight, but I would like to become one of the "maintainers" to KEEP myself at my target weight. Currently I'm going from my March 8th weight of 297 pounds, to 237.4 pounds this morning, with a target goal of 180 pounds. There is no firm timeline to reach that goal weight, I just want to GET THERE.

I'm approaching 50 years old and have been either overweight or obese for my entire adult life. I have done many, many diets before. I have done all sorts of exercise before. I have lost a whole lot of weight before, but here are the things I have NEVER done (not even once) which I am 100% determined to finally achieve:
    • Drop to a weight in Normal BMI range.
    • Reach my ideal BMI weight of 180 pounds.
    • Keep myself within normal BMI weight range.

Just a couple months ago I would have said that my best health results were from 2014-2016 here on MFP when I lost 96 pounds (from 316 pounds down to 220 pounds) and started running many half marathons and full marathons. While I was the fittest, strongest ever version of myself during that time, I never reached any of those weight goals listed above. Once I stopped being active altogether by 2019 (no good reason) I gained most all of that weight back.

Now that I am at a similar weight to when I was doing all that running, and have spent the last 5 months building my fitness back up, I actually feel like my best results lie ahead with this here challenge. That is saying a WHOLE LOT for anyone who has ever crossed their first half marathon or marathon finish line, and I really do mean it. I am not saying any of that lightly. This is working and will get me there.

Why I think this group is so important is that it has those 3 daily check-in requirements that keep them on the forefront of your mind. That keeps me from losing focus on any of them. In the past I became so caught up in the joys of running farther than I ever imagined, that weight loss went onto the back burner. Not to mention it put a serious hunger on me, I needed to eat! But with these 3 daily goals, it keeps me in line and doesn't let me spin out of control on some tangent.

I hope to see you there!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I joined My Fitness Pal this summer and August 2021 was my first month following the challenge. I only wish I had found them sooner! Joining this terrific group of people, reporting in every day on my three accountabilities (tracking every bite, lick, sip, or taste; moving intentionally for at least 20 minutes each day; and keeping under my set calories for the day) has been key to my success this month. I really like that the focus isn’t exclusively on “pounds lost” as I’ve been there and done that before. The goal isn’t just about losing the pounds (well, it is in the short term) — it is about keeping the weight off and being healthy during it all. Sounds so simple.

I needed a place to be personally accountable, to report in, to support others, and to be supported when I/you/we do inevitably have some struggles.

The people are encouraging and very supportive and I’ve learned so much that has helped my journey. It is also really inspiring to be amongst some “maintainers” who share, encourage, and support us all. Join us for September!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I thoroughly recommend joining UAC. Its members are supportive and very motivating.

I’ve been in the group now for over two years, and I have never regretted joining it. The accountability it gives helps you to develop habits that will assist your quest for fitness and health.

I have been maintaining now for over a year, and the UAC has been instrumental in that success.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    See team member's enthusiastic reviews above...then join us for September

And

• RangerRickL
    Options
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I have been with UAC since November 2020. Uac is a group of ppl from all walks of life who hve 1 common goal of getting healthy and staying healthy. The 3 rules of UAC helps to keep us on track & keep us accountable! I hve learnt so much about what it takes to not only loose weight but more importantly how to keep it off. There is so much support, encouragement & wisdom in this group it really has been the key to my success and my saving grace really. I can not recommend UAC enough. So if your looking for a place to help u focus on ur health jorney than this is the place for u. No judgment just like minded ppl working towards achieving their goals.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Sep will be my 11th month in the UAC. I've lost 45 lbs and with the help and inspiration of the UAC I now have a PLAN to keep it off this time around!! I've only made it into the Winner's Circle a handful of times, but the knowledge that I've learned about maintaining and keeping the weight off is invaluable as I begin to move from a "loser" to a "maintainer" !! I'm excited for you to join us in this journey and hope you'll consider checking out the UAC for September.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan "biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!

• 20 minutes or more of daily exercise;
    • Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    • Consuming less than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month.

And
    Those who regularly post throughout the month, are celebrated as UAC Champions.

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    This is a great group and I look forward to seeing all my old family and new faces in the September challenge. It's simple but deceivingly beneficial. Try it. You will not regret it.
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Checking in on: 8/27/21 Friday evening
    Logged food:yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes; did a 4.7 mile walk today on top of chicken chore of clean coops and chasing them back into the coop so I could go to walk :) almost 20k steps in today
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @jennipooh82 This is not the right place to report in. Please see the August Ultimate Accountability Challenge