Needing a reminder

Options
So, my wonderful MFP people... I guess I'm just needing a reminder from someone outside of myself. I'll be seeing my boyfriend in October for the first time in 6 months, and I'm going crazy trying to lose the last 5 pounds. Logically, I know he's not going care about 5 pounds one way or the other. But still I can't seem to stop driving myself nuts over it

Replies

• boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    If he really loves you he won't care! Do what makes you happy!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    We are talking about a "man"... most men wouldn't know the difference if he had to know the difference. That is a good thing. If you had a man who could tell if you were five pounds lighter or heavier.. you'd have a problem.

My husband of 22 years.. never ever notices even a 15 pound difference... and hardly notices when I lose a lot of weight. He loves me no matter what and I look the same to him.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You guys are awesome!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you really think a MAN Is going to NOTICE 5 pounds? :D
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest.... I think you are overthinking this. Most men wouldn't notice a 5 lb difference. I didn't notice a difference in myself until about 30. Congrats!! *Stands and Applauds your success
  • sollyn23l2
    Options
    Haha, you both speak the truth... I think you're right, he won't know the difference😂
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,291 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Haha, you both speak the truth... I think you're right, he won't know the difference😂

You will look beautiful to him. No matter what.

Of course…. You’ll report back and tell us all a how wonderful the reunion was…. Please?
  • sollyn23l2
    Options

Of course…. You’ll report back and tell us all a how wonderful the reunion was…. Please?

It went really well! He said I looked beautiful, so I'm guessing he was pretty ok with how I looked😉 Which, as we all know, is less important than who we are as people in the end regardless.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,291 Member
    Options

It went really well! He said I looked beautiful, so I'm guessing he was pretty ok with how I looked😉 Which, as we all know, is less important than who we are as people in the end regardless.

<3