60 this year and lost 1/2 my body weight

Can’t believe I’m typing this, but after a very long journey starting at 20 stone 7 pounds, I now weigh 10 stone 8 pounds. Just 3.5 pounds until I’m half the woman I used to be. I’m about 5’4” so it was a lot to carry. I live in the London/Essex area of UK and welcome any contact

Replies

• Thanks for sharing your success. I'm the same height as you, and am just starting at a weight of 308 pounds (22 stone). Any info on what approach you took, how long it took, what you learned along the way... would be much appreciated.
  • besshaile
    besshaile Posts: 1,191 Member
    Hooray for you! You must feel so wonderful now; more energetic, more flexible, able to wear cuter clothes. Congratulations. I have been to Essex - stayed in Chelmsford for 2 weeks with friends. And I live in Essex County, VA! Don't you love a coincidence?
  • 1J48
    1J48 Posts: 8 Member
    Amazing!
  • cymande1961
    cymande1961 Posts: 45 Member
    Inspiring journey! I'm close to your height and by the time my journey ends I too will have lost 1/2 my original weight! (Still have a long way to go.) Congratulations!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Way to go, Sharon! Long journey, but so worth it for you/your health!
  • Jem594 wrote: »
    <3 that's amazing! good for you! I'm 59 and need to lose at least half my weight...so I'm very inspired.

I'm in the same boat! I'm 57 with a long long way to go. Maybe we should get together a group of us who are in the 50's and have a lot to lose! :) I need to lose half my body weight. I keep trying but it isn't budging. Right now, also doing intermittant fasting and that isn't working.
  • juls3299
    juls3299 Posts: 1 Member
    amazing well done!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Well done. Very inspiring! I’m 59, have lost 30 lbs, and have 100 to go. Will send a friend request
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    Why don't we make a community/group of women who are in their 50's who need to lose half their body weight? I think we could do a lot to support each other! :) What do you all think? @pdd1216 @Jem594 @cymande1961 and anyone else! :)

I'm 47, but the rest still applies. Could I join, too?
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,550 Member
    There is a thread under"motivation and support" titled Women 200+ Let's Shine This September. Lots of support and encouragement from these girls.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    congrats on your progress
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    That's fabulous! I'm 60 and have been working at losing and maintaining a 28-lb loss for over 6 years. This isn't easy at any age, but I feel like there's some extra challenge at our age- Congratulations!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    I'm in!!! I need to lose half my body weight and would love to make friends with those on the same journey!
    Why don't we make a community/group of women who are in their 50's who need to lose half their body weight? I think we could do a lot to support each other! :) What do you all think? @pdd1216 @Jem594 @cymande1961 and anyone else! :)

• Congratulations!! I'm 58, soon to be 59 and I was afraid I would never go down in weight because of my age. So it is great to see it is possible! Congratulations to everyone who made their goal!
  • tantanstic
    tantanstic Posts: 8 Member
    That's fantastic! Can you tell us what you did to lose 1/2 your weight and how long did it take you? If you have a link to your plan that would be great! Many thanks from Toronto, ON Canada, who is a 52 year old working on losing 1/4 of my body weight.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2021
    Congratulations!

I'm 64 and working on that too! My highest weight 255 lbs, second time, :-( Lost 133 lbs before. Took me a year. I'm down to 200 lbs now and my goal is 122 lbs AGAIN.
    At that time I wasn't employees and exercised A LOT!
    This time I work full time, mainly 12 hour days, so only exercise my 3 days off. So it is a slower road this time for me, which is ok.
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Sharon7986 wrote: »
    Can’t believe I’m typing this, but after a very long journey starting at 20 stone 7 pounds, I now weigh 10 stone 8 pounds. Just 3.5 pounds until I’m half the woman I used to be. I’m about 5’4” so it was a lot to carry. I live in the London/Essex area of UK and welcome any contact

Wow!! That is amazing & inspiring! Do you mind sharing more of how you went about things?
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member

I would join for sure :smile:
  • ladyg67
    ladyg67 Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations
  • Skinny60s
    Skinny60s Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations thats epic! You must feel amazing and smiling from ear to ear .. your health and fitness at this young tender age of 60 (ha ha I'm 59 turning 60 in April so am planning to bring 60 in at a weight I haven't been for a very long time) .. It's just an age and we have many more years of fitness and adventure so lets inspire each other as you have just done for me .. I am a little taller but am on the journey to lose at least 20 kilos and have just clocked a 7 kilo loss and have only just discovered the community in My Fitness Pal..
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2021
    Skinny60s wrote: »
    Congratulations thats epic! You must feel amazing and smiling from ear to ear .. your health and fitness at this young tender age of 60 (ha ha I'm 59 turning 60 in April so am planning to bring 60 in at a weight I haven't been for a very long time) .. It's just an age and we have many more years of fitness and adventure so lets inspire each other as you have just done for me .. I am a little taller but am on the journey to lose at least 20 kilos and have just clocked a 7 kilo loss and have only just discovered the community in My Fitness Pal..

I'm 59 turning 60 in April as well buddy! good luck with your loss!

HT 5'10
    SW 431
    CW 429
  • lmsabato
    lmsabato Posts: 1 Member
    Im 60 and want to lose 20. Down 6 so far but it's been tough! Congrats to all of you who are persisting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!