PCOS, 40lb to lose

Options
Hi, I am 35, have PCOS and 40lb to lose. I would love to have some friends on here for mutual support.

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,635 Member
    Options
    Hi @siobhank6079 I am also 35 with PCOS - though a lot more to lose than you! I have sent you a friend request :smile:
  • siobhank6079
    siobhank6079 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's great to meet you, thank you for adding me x
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I am 38 with PCOS and diet/exercise controlled type 2 diabetes. I've lost a lot of weight over a long period of time but still have a long way to go. Sending a friend request. :smile:
  • s3ychelle
    s3ychelle Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi, I'm 34 with pcos & type 2 diabetes (hereditary). Formally diagnosed at 21 pcos, and diabetic since 18-21, had symptoms of pcos since middle school. Seeing and endo and my obgyn to help manage both. My husband and plan to be TTC once i get healthy. I've never been pregnant. I have to get my a1c down and control both conditions because my health is jeopardized if I continue my slack habits. I've been struggling with weight, cravings & mental health for the longest. My obgyn has put me on an elimination diet for my pcos to try to figure some things out. I've managed to keep off almost 20lbs since I started this so in 2012. My bmi is 32%. My goal is to at least try to lose 20 lbs more and try keep that off. But i need to lose more than that.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    Options
    Friend requests sent to @TwistedSassette and @s3ychelle

Hi. I'm 37 and have PCOS. Only diagnosed a few years ago but I'd always had issues with my periods since they first started. It's not something that affects me too much apart from making it just a little harder to lose weight. Otherwise, I have no issues (mirena so no periods, not going to have kids, on metformin for pcos) apart from the hirsutism. I need to lose 55 kgs (121 lbs).