COFFEE!!

Options
yay or nay, and why! :)

i'm just really curious and i am always on the fence about it.

all input is appreciated!

Replies

• khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just enjoy the taste of it. 2 sweet n low packets and 2-3 cups a day. And I do count the (negligible) calories
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's not the coffee that is bad, unless you are sensitive to caffeine and/or don't drink enough water. It's all the cream and sugar people put in it.

Coffee, like tea, is full of antioxidants.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a cup after workouts, as it boosts your metablism
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Touch my coffee and I will hurt you lol
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you put in it. I personally used to drink coffee with lots of cream and sugar, which is definitely out.

Now I drink black coffee, which took me about a month to get fully adjusted to, but now I love black coffee, and I can't stand all of that extra stuff in it.

Just keep in mind, if you order black coffee at Starbucks or Caribou, you might get some funny looks.
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    if you can bear it...drink it BLACK.
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    I think it is delicious. I also need it to wake up, though I think I've become immune to it.

Black, all the way, always drank it that way...unless I'm getting some fancy carmel raspberry mocha liquid candy not really coffee thing ;)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    all i drink is water & tea myself...
    but coffee is fine just as long as it's free from sweeteners ...stevia is good tho-- natural.
    Yay! It's not the coffee that is bad, unless you are sensitive to caffeine and/or don't drink enough water. It's all the cream and sugar people put in it.

Coffee, like tea, is full of antioxidants.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Touch my coffee and I will hurt you lol
    LOL
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I honestly love a good cup of coffee, I have to cut back on cream and suger that I would put in it. I try not to drink more then a cup or two.
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I love it!! Black every morning :) It helps keep me full.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I love my coffee! I can't drink it black yet but I've gotten so I love it with a Tablespoon of dark chocolate almond milk (it's only about 13 calories) :drinker:
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can give up a heck of a lot of calories, but coffee is non-negotiable! :drinker:
    However, I have given up my beloved CoffeeMate Double Double for regular sugar and milk. I've thought about weaning myself to black, but am not committed to it yet.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Coffee is not bad for you. I drink it with some milk instead of creamer, that way I get some protein to the start of my morning as I am not really a first thing in the morning breakfast person. Just don't load it full of sugar and creamer and you should be fine.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee and I have tried and tried to drink it black but I just can't.
    I've tried milk, and that's no good either.

So now I limit myself to 1 of my travel mugs/day (12 oz) and I measure the amount of half & half I use (i use 2 tbsp, which is 40 cals) and I sweeten with Splenda. (whereas I used to use brown sugar and not measure the cream!)
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It's delicious, and it's good for you. That's a win-win to me :) It's the creamer and sugar that people use that turn it into an unhealthy drink. I drink a huge mug's worth in the morning with 1/2 C Silk Milk light and 3 Splenda.
  • JoHanley
    Options
    Yay!! A coffee a day keeps the headache away. :drinker:
    Black is practically calorie free, I allow myself my morning fix and then onto water or black tea.
  • navyjeffrey
    Options
    I love the coffee...

I'm in the military, and that is a very popular beverage. I like mine strong and black!

I drink numerous cups of coffee nearly every day that are strong and black, and mabye a couple of times a month I'll head to the local Starbucks and splurge on a fufu coffee. Today I actually got a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte. I was surprised when I saw that the numbers for that particular beverage are not toooo bad.

Gotta have the coffee though!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have a couple servings of black coffee every morning.

I used to get a lot of fancy/sweet/CALORIC coffee drinks, but that's part of the reason I gained as much weight as I did. I do not miss the frappes at all!
  • naku
    naku Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh my word i LOVE coffee so much.
    Nothing, absolutely nothing comes between me and my 1st morning cup. I can easily admit to an addiction with this one.