Best Protein Shake/Powder

Options
2»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best I've ever used.
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Visalus all the way! There are so many different way to make a shake!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Universal nutrition soy protein powder, 1 scoop has about 117cals, 0carbs, and 27g of protein. With a variety of flavors. I love it. I sometimes use Optimum Nutrition Soy protein powder . 1 scoop has about 120 cals, 1g carb and 25g protein. Does not have much of variety like the Universal though :tongue:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize ISO-100

106 calories, 25g of protein per scoop, 0 carbs.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm using the optimum nutrition pro complex natural on the recommendation of some here. Its not QUITE as tasty as the pure whey ones but i liked the idea of it because its a blend of protein sources so it spreads out the digestion differently. Since I'm not doing mega lifting sessions most days I didn't think I needed the huge instant blast of protein that some people do.

But it could all be hype, who the heck knows.

Anyway its 150 cals for 30 grams of protein in one scoop which is nice. Taste and consistency in water are fine and its not super sweet like some of them (I had an eas myoplex pre-made shake yesterday becuase my mom raves about them and oh god was it disgusting). I'm not big on super sweet/super creamy drinks though so I'm probably unusual there.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Gaspari Nutriotion makes Myofusion and Intrapro.....Intrapro tastes better but is more money. A CLASSIC whey protein powder is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, it's been around forever and is considered to be the starting point for anyone, in my opinion. But between you and me, the Gaspari stuff is better, sshhhhh!
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think I just have bad memories from 15-20 years ago with this stuff was just getting popular. It was gritty, never blended well and had an aftertaste. In addition, when I was a kid and the liquid diets were a fad (I know not nearly the same but it is a mental thing) we had the old Cambridge diet in the house and that stuff was just plain NASTY!

Uggh.... sounds a lot like some protein I got from Wal-Mart when I ran out of the good stuff. Exactly as you say-- gritty, non-dissolving, and had sort of a chemical aftertaste. So, maybe add "cheap Wal-Mart protein" to the "run away from!" list.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've only bought and tried 1 protein powder and it was Aria Women's Protein powder. 2 scoops has 14g protein, 80 cals, and 3g carbs. It also has added vitamins and minerals. So far it works for me and I like the flavor. I usually add it to oatmeal or a glass of milk.
  • tnh9479
    tnh9479 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love Jay Robb's protein powder. It isn't gritty and is really creamy. I also like that they use a natural sweetner.

http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/whey-protein-vanilla.asp

110 calories / scoop -- 1 g carbs, 25 g protein

They sell them in single serving packets at Whole Foods so you could try it first before shelling out for it (it is pricey, but I have a soy allergy and am cautious about which protein drinks I use). I used to love to get the vanilla and then put in some sugar-free coffee-type syrups to flavor it however I wanted (egg nog was a personal favorite).
  • maximumuscle356
    Options
    I use the bsn brand taste great ?
  • 1workoutman
    Options
    Visalus is the Shake mix that tastes like cake mix. It's a Non GMA Soy, that is lactose and gluten free. Even better you can get it for free. find out more information here www.av-promos.com
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying CLICK - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GKEK7G

Tastes pretty good and seemed to be ok with sugar and such.
  • EASBrand
    Options
    RNewton4269, thanks for the EAS reco! Have you tried any other EAS products?