Can't lose quickly!

Options
Hi all. I've been on myfitnesspal since June and slowly and steadily have lost 14lbs. I have another 7 or maybe 14 to go. I'm struggling to lose at the moment... I'm having 1400 calories daily and doing 8000 steps. Can anyone help me have a boost?! X

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Losing half a pound a week is probably about as much as would be reasonable... the last 10 pounds or so are always the slowest, but you'll get there! And it's way better than rushing to get it off, then putting a bunch back on.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you’re losing at a good pace. Some folks claim plates. For me, it takes patience and lots of water
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If you lose quickly, you're more likely to gain it back. 0.5-1lb per week is actually an ideal rate of loss, especially with so little to lose. You're doing great, keep up the good work.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you open your diary we can take a look and see if there is a logging issue. When you dont have much to lose (and this qualifies as that), the going is slow and logging accurately is super important.

Other than that, you should expect to be losing about .25-.50 pound per week at the most.

dont forget, weight loss is not linear. you will have weeks (sometimes several in a row) with no loss. it is normal.