Options

Replies

• CaleighAnn
    Options
    5'8.5" 165 lbs and I am in a size 10
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 at 153lbs.. jean size 7/8 still have thick thighs and fat arms lol working on it!! to be a size 3 or 5 hehe
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find it weird that people are saying what size they are, but it seems to bear no correlation to their profile pictures. There are people who look like they are smaller than me, claiming to be a size US10 or more, which is crazy.
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 168lbs 5'6" and I'm wearing a size 12/31. Before I became pregnant, I was between 115 and120lbs wearing a size 2/26 or 0/25 depending on the brand. So depressing, but I have a beautiful son and he is worth every pound. I can always lose the weight, but having a handsome, healthy sweet little guy isn't always guaranteed.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and a fairly athletic 130ish and I wear a size 2 in Express jeans, and a size 3 in American Rag junior's jeans.
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is depressing, haha.

I'm 5'5", 180lbs, and I wear size 16 (14 if they're stretch jeans). It's mostly due to my hips of doom... I was just made this way. :) Even at my smallest (128), I was wearing size 10/12 jeans, so I'm not expecting much else.
  • DanniLou1288
    Options
    Well i'm from England- the sizes are different but i am a size 18
    189 pounds and five foot four
  • JulieMD
    JulieMD Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'4" size 4 jeans
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    5'6", 260, I wear between 18 and 20, but the 20's are getting pretty big to where they are starting to look bad. :bigsmile:
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    gotta love how sizes have gotten SO much bigger over the years. 20 years ago, at 5'10" in high school, at my lowest ever "grown kid/adult" weight of 140, I could SQUEEZE into a 10. now I see people 50 pounds heavier in that number size....I know we're all different shapes, but I was 15, I had few curves, hadn't had kids, I mean, I lost down to that during Tennis season, from 160, I was LEAN! I'm not saying people are lying by ANY means, just fascinates me that the clothing industry panders so much. no one sees my tag, so as long as the item fits, why do I care what the tag says?

ANYWAY, at just a smidge over 300, I'm in a 24W. Yeah, and 20 years ago, I'd be in stretch pants because they wouldn't have made jeans for women my size.....
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I find it weird that people are saying what size they are, but it seems to bear no correlation to their profile pictures. There are people who look like they are smaller than me, claiming to be a size US10 or more, which is crazy.

I'm definitely pear shaped, most of my weight is in my hips, butt, thighs...even in my calves.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    5'7, 153 lbs, size 8/9.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    I'm 5'7 at 153lbs.. jean size 7/8 still have thick thighs and fat arms lol working on it!! to be a size 3 or 5 hehe

Girl... same. Thick thicks, chubby arms.. *Sigh* HOW do I rid of the blubber arms!!!
  • mandeiko
    Options

Girl... same. Thick thicks, chubby arms.. *Sigh* HOW do I rid of the blubber arms!!!

*thick thighs
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5'6", definite pear (hate it!!!) US 14, UK 16 in Boden or 14 in Next and for Primark, size 18 is still very snug! It all depends on the label :)
  • 7memyselfandI
    Options
    5'10", 150 lbs, just bought 2 new pairs of size 6 jeans yesterday, down from size 12/14, 185 lbs 2 years ago :):):)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    gotta love how sizes have gotten SO much bigger over the years. 20 years ago, at 5'10" in high school, at my lowest ever "grown kid/adult" weight of 140, I could SQUEEZE into a 10. now I see people 50 pounds heavier in that number size....I know we're all different shapes, but I was 15, I had few curves, hadn't had kids, I mean, I lost down to that during Tennis season, from 160, I was LEAN! I'm not saying people are lying by ANY means, just fascinates me that the clothing industry panders so much. no one sees my tag, so as long as the item fits, why do I care what the tag says?

ANYWAY, at just a smidge over 300, I'm in a 24W. Yeah, and 20 years ago, I'd be in stretch pants because they wouldn't have made jeans for women my size.....

I agree. I weighed 112 lbs when I left school and was a size 10 in most places, sometimes a 12 (UK, I was always a 6 US). Now I am 128 and am wearing UK 8-10s, and a US 4 (I just bought some size 4 jeans this afternoon). I wonder what really small people do these days. One of my sisters has to buy children's jeans as adult ones don't go that small.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and now wear about a 1 or a 2.
  • briteldridge39
    Options
    I'm 5'6" ish. A little taller mayber. I weigh 200lbs. and wear a size 14 or 12. The 14's are getting looser and I'm thrilled. I have a really athletic build and I guess that helps. I've lost about ten pounds. I started this sight a few pounds in. But everyone has a different body type and just because the number on the scale is big it doesn't mean you are. My main goal is to like how I look. I don't care what everyone else thinks. It's my body and I just want it to be healthy.
  • classylitlover23
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I usually can wear a size 6. Everything depends on brand. Sometimes I have to wear an 8-10, and other times a 4. I'm hovering around 133 pounds right now.