What diet ????

Options
To everyone who lost weight

What diet are you on at the moment and is it working? I need to lose weight and its not working i'm on 1200 calories :((
Any tips ?

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I simply count calories and do exercise. I started 7 months ago and am now at below my goal weight.:bigsmile:
  • dianaskin
    Options
    When you say "it's not working" what exactly do you mean? How long have you been tracking your progress, and are you being 100% honest with tracking your food? Are you eating your exercise calories. Very important to exercise and eat those calories back. Remember that it took you a while to put it on, there is no MAGIC to take it off any quicker. Slow and steady wins the race so keep at it, keep tracking the food, make sure you are eating ENOUGH!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Just drink a lot of water, eat as cleanly as possible (unprocessed foods like fruits, veggies, leaner meats, nuts, whole grains, etc.), and exercise. Do some strength training as well as cardio. Make sure to get plenty of protein. There are a gozillion answers to your question. Just read up and experiment, but whatever you do, try it consistently long enough to know whether it is really working or not. Your body has to make adjustments, and those don't necessarily happen overnight. Good luck.

From the looks of your profile, you haven't been on here long, or at least haven't really engaged in the program/process much (I could definitely be wrong). It really doesn't need to be complicated, just keep it simple. As ^^^ said, LOG EVERYTHING!!! Having a true grip on reality is the only way to judge, or adjust, what you are doing. Get some MFPals (feel free to send me a request) and get feedback regularly. It is invaluable.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    See food diet. Har! Har! Har!
  • mrshickey
    Options
    You have to try different things to see what works for you. I follow the dukan diet but that may not be suitable for you. this question may even give you loads of opinions from people suggesting you follow what they follow, but at the end of the day, u have to find something that you can stick to. good luck
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    how much do you have to loose? if its 30pounds or less your settings should be 1pound per week or .5perweek

I`m set at 1pound per week right now and have 1440 before exercise is added ( normaly get about 600-1000) cals from exercise once I`m within 20pounds of my goal weight Iwill move to .5 loss per week. Slow and steady wins the race and I like to eat so yep I eat darn near all my exercise cals back and its working like a charm.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    First of all it's now about calories per say as what kind of calories. Everyone is different. I can only tell you what worked for me and how I have lost nearly 90 lbs. I started at Low carb and worked my way up the carb ladder while lowering my calories. I am not at 1420 calories to lose one lb a week. I keep my "good" carbs at 100 to 150 gm's a day. Which is about 10% give or take.
    Will this work for you? You won't know until you try. But even if you don't want to start where I started...you can just change your goal to 1 lb a week and do everything in your power to eat those calories every day. NOT UNDER. But keep your carbs healthy and watch the hidden sugars. Lean meats, lots of veggies and healthy fruits and whole grains..stay away from fake white processed carbs.
    I would say that now that I am so close to goal I am on more of South Beach if I had to pick a diet but the thing is I don't like the word diet. It seems temporary. What I have done is changed my eating habits...long term. It's all about sticking with it and doing the work. Good luck and God Bless.
    Nichole
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am also on a 1200 cal diet. Nothing specific. I work out 5-7 days a week. How many days a week do you work out?
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What diet is right?! I don't diet. I just eat healthy! Whole grains, nuts, vegetables and fruit! (I'm a vegetarian.) I hate the word diet, I just totally changed my lifestyle and how I view food and don't treat my stomach like a waste dump.
  • tam233
    tam233 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    by not working i mean that i'm not losing scales weight, I have to lose at least 40 pounds and i have to mention that I have PCOS and my blood suger level is all over the place. i don't eat my excersice calories i stick to 1200 and i do 45min zumba twice a week.

I feel low carb works but i normally feel very weak when i try it thats why i can't do it for more than 3 days.