I ate McDonald's!

Options
I know, sounds yukky to some. But I was super craving McDonald's last night, and I was able to fit in a 6 piece nugget, a kids fry, and bag of apples! And I enjoyed the honey packet with my nuggets. :-)

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Some people don't like McDonalds--that is true, but it's not the demon. As a treat for yourself now and again, just fine (fit it into your calorie goals), or study the lower calorie options that they offer. The trick is to not overdo with any food.
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about what you eat when you have cravings.. you eat what you are craving.

What I would worry about is that you have cravings. Everyone talks about cravings, as if they are something everyone has.. that's not true.

Without cravings, you wouldn't eat off plan, even if it's just nuggets, and apples, which are pretty good for most people. The problem I would have, is those foods would cause me more cravings a few hours later.

Your body is supposed to be able to eat a big meal, and go a day or 2, without hunger/cravings. Of course, we eat 2-3 meals a day, just smaller meals, but if we had to do that 10,000 years ago, we'd have died off.

While not desirable today.. food is plentiful.. your body should still be able to do that now.. in other words, after a meal, you shouldn't get cravings or feel hungry for at least a day. If you do, then that is an issue.

You may be OK with that problem, and simply eat when you have a craving, and hope you do not have enough to cause weight gain, but it makes it very hard to stick to any plan, or be consistent.

Much easier to just never have any cravings.

As I said though, if you are going to eat foods which cause cravings, then you will just have to deal with them, the best you can. You should expect them, and not be surprised when you get cravings, and then eat off plan. It's simply going to be part of your lifestyle. Don't beat yourself up, if that's the way you go. It's not like you can stop it, once you get to the point of having cravings.

Just be aware that the decision was made LONG before you ordered from McDonald's. That was the RESULT.

Good Luck going forward.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    i prefer burger king, but if you like mcdonalds... ok. it would be at the very bottom of places i would choose to stop. possibly even below gas station food. depends on what the gas station looked like. LOL

Genuinely curious because I don't really eat at either - why is Burger King preferred and McDonald's so far down your list? Is there a difference between the two? I've always assumed they are roughly the same, but perhaps not.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    i prefer burger king, but if you like mcdonalds... ok. it would be at the very bottom of places i would choose to stop. possibly even below gas station food. depends on what the gas station looked like. LOL

DITTO! Burger King or Wendy's. Five Guys is good too. McDonald's...meh. I'll pass.

Just never, ever gas station sushi ;) hahaha

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Genuinely curious because I don't really eat at either - why is Burger King preferred and McDonald's so far down your list? Is there a difference between the two? I've always assumed they are roughly the same, but perhaps not.

Not addressed to me, but my answer—

McDonald’s puts ketchup on burgers. Whopper jr has whopper sauce.
    Burger King has onion rings, McDonalds doesn’t.
    McDonalds uses plastic cups. Your hands get cold (I have arthritis) and your drink gets warm.
    I don’t think I’ve ever had McDonald nuggets. I’ve had Burger King chicken fries, but I probably won’t again.
    Wendy’s jr. bacon cheeseburger has a good amount of mayo, no ketchup or mustard, and a juicy slice of tomato. And BACON!
    Wendy’s 4 for $4 price can’t be beat!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    i like burger king because I like mayo rather than ketchup on a burger and that fake 'grilled' taste makes me happy. That's about the extent of it.

Well, that and their 'jr' burger comes with typical mayo/lettuce/tomato stuff and mcdonald's is just ketchup/mustard/pickles (or something similar) and I prefer the former.

It's not a moral stance or statement of superiority, just that if I'm doing a fast food burger I prefer one to the other.

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I ferociously craved an Icee the other day. Couldn’t get it off my mind.

Made my friend take me to Target just to get one.

Absolute bliss. Enjoyed it tremendously. Craving satisfied, and I didn’t feel snackish the rest of the afternoon. I didn’t break the calorie bank, didn’t ruin my macros, didn’t go to diet jail.

Sometimes, you just want what you want. Fit it in your calories and enjoy.

As to the other, clearly y’all don’t have Cookout. I’ve already prelogged it for dinner Wednesday. 640 calories for the “tray” special with a double cheeseburger, double onion ring side and a large Coke Zero. I’ll bring it home and use my own lo-cal Mayo and ketchup. Cookout is like a cross between Five Guys and BK. Great quality, low price, and an oddball fast food selection from quesadillas to corn dogs. They even have Cheerwine. Nobody has that on fountain these days!

We have cookout! Their onion rings are my favorite things on earth.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    What are cookout onion rings? How can they make them so low cal? I need some!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

Not addressed to me, but my answer—

McDonald’s puts ketchup on burgers. Whopper jr has whopper sauce.
    Burger King has onion rings, McDonalds doesn’t.
    McDonalds uses plastic cups. Your hands get cold (I have arthritis) and your drink gets warm.
    I don’t think I’ve ever had McDonald nuggets. I’ve had Burger King chicken fries, but I probably won’t again.
    Wendy’s jr. bacon cheeseburger has a good amount of mayo, no ketchup or mustard, and a juicy slice of tomato. And BACON!
    Wendy’s 4 for $4 price can’t be beat!

you just reminded me i do like wendys jr bacon cheeseburger

and i dont like ketchup on my burgers

i dont know if theres a wendys anywhere near me.... (to be fair, burger king isnt close either, its a half hour and if there is a wendys, it would be out there LOL)

i did not know the whopper jr (presumably whopper also lol) had its own special sauce.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I ferociously craved an Icee the other day. Couldn’t get it off my mind.

Made my friend take me to Target just to get one.

Absolute bliss. Enjoyed it tremendously. Craving satisfied, and I didn’t feel snackish the rest of the afternoon. I didn’t break the calorie bank, didn’t ruin my macros, didn’t go to diet jail.

Sometimes, you just want what you want. Fit it in your calories and enjoy.

As to the other, clearly y’all don’t have Cookout. I’ve already prelogged it for dinner Wednesday. 640 calories for the “tray” special with a double cheeseburger, double onion ring side and a large Coke Zero. I’ll bring it home and use my own lo-cal Mayo and ketchup. Cookout is like a cross between Five Guys and BK. Great quality, low price, and an oddball fast food selection from quesadillas to corn dogs. They even have Cheerwine. Nobody has that on fountain these days!

where do you live? cookout is a southern thing, isnt it? we dont have them here where i am in virginia (maybe in other places in the state they do) but we did in NC where im from.

pretty sure our high school kept them in business. LOL
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I googled Cookout. It does look pretty good