MFP Biggest Loser - Red Team (closed)

Options
HI Red Team! Welcome!

What are you doing for your workout today??

I have the nifty Red Shirt in the bottom...if you all want to know how to put it in your sig follow these directions

go to your signature and then put this in, howerver you will need to delete the space between [/ img] the / and img

[img]http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/img/product/resized/851/00296526-213851_catl_176.jpg?k=a7c53e8f&pid=296526&s=catl&sn=nbcuniversalstore[/ img][/img]

Replies

• MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Welcome Red team! Keep sending me your calories for the week. I'll update my spreadsheet and will post it here this evening for our 1st progress report!

I'm really excited about working with you AND having our team be the Biggest Loser!
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Red Team :)
    I've been super busy and haven't even had the time to look at the threads.. but I'm here and doing good so far.

As for exercise I'm going to the gym right after work, even tho I'm dead tired and really don't feel like it lol

Have a good day everyone
  • Julieash
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but can't get the red shirt in my sig at all... and yes I deleted the space..
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    hmm I am not sure how else to do it :(
  • narenn
    Options
    Hey Red team! I had some unusual pain in my ankle over the weekend, but it's doing a lot better now. Will do my best to make up those calories :)

@sarahkova, add [ img] to the beginning of the red tshirt link (make sure to delete the space after the first bracket as well.
  • Julieash
    Options
    ok I did it.. went to the gym and worked my butt off.. burned over 500 calories :o) plus I did 30 minutes of strength training :o)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    We're looking pretty good. Here's the progress report. Please let me know if I need to make any changes.

RedTeam91411Progress.jpg

@Julieash - I'm so proud of you for doing it anyway! Awesome burn!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Sarahkova, for starting this thread.
    And, thanks for the red shirt to you and Narenn
    Okie, thanks for the chart and for keeping track of the Red Team!
    Y'all are great and have gotten me motivated, again.
    I may have a gain this first week, but I have been exercising more than I have in a long time.
    Unfortunately, I cannot do much exercise due to back problems since April. Very aggravating as I had been doing tons of exercise the few weeks before I managed to have a Herniated Disc.
    So, I will do my best from now on!
    Linda
  • sarahkova
    Options
    ouchies on the herniated disc! been there done that!!! :( are you going to PT? if not I can dig through and try to find the exercises they gave me that helped a TON! ooppss that is assuming it is in your lower back :)

Well how many of us weigh in on Friday?! I do! so today is my "last chance workout" I am doing aqua zumba tonight! it rocks and is right before bed so I don't eat a thing before weigh in! :) hahaha

What is everybody else doing for exercise today?
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi. I sent you a message, Sarah... re: herniated disc.

Lately I have only been walking and yesterday I danced for 30 minutes. Feeling sore from dancing, today. Ha!
    (It's been a long time...)
    Linda
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    I'll do my workout for Friday in the morning before I post.

@Elbee1 - Wow! you're doing a super job to have a herniated disk. Keep doing those exercises w/care!

I got in 1,035 calories today. Please be sure to post on the main thread OR give me your numbers through Friday and I can add them when I post in the evening.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    I am so so so frustrated with my class last night. I have to talk to the instructor but don't know how to approach it. she teaches 2 classes. both aqua zumba. and about 10 out of the 30 in my class go to both sessions...so last night she decided to do more strength training then aqua zumba..NOT what I paid for. I am sore as hell because I did that at home yesterday! Just because 10 people are in both classes doesn't mean you should screw over the other 20. I was only in my target heart rate zone for 15 mins out of 50 :( and only burned 242 calories. I wanted to come home and jump on the elliptical but was so frustrated I just went to bed :( gonna do the elliptical now as we have a funeral today and I want to exercise before all that crap goes in my body...blerg
  • sarahkova
    Options
    and I just got 211 in 22 minutes... off to shower and get ready for the funeral have a good day everybody! Hopefully tonight won't be too late and I will be able to do some more tonight!

ETA: 312.8 today! -1.2
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    OK guys, it looks like my chart was up pretty good before. Now I can't see it on this thread. ERRGH!!! This is crazy...now I can see the chart. Please tell me what format you want me to use. This is something else....anyways....

The person who started this challenge, alibaba0310, says that we can post totals tomorrow morning. That will give me time to post our burns and weight for today. This is what I have so far for M-F burns and today's weigh in:

sarakova - 0, 429, 432, 242, 211. Total burn = 1,314. 9/16 weigh in = 312.8
    Elbee1 - 182, 183, 287, 243, ?. Total burn = 895. 9/16 weigh in = ?
    narenn - 180, 655, ?, ?, ?. Total burn = 835. 9/16 weigh in = ?
    Julieash - 0, 0, 500, ?, ?. Total burn = 500. 9/16 weigh in = ?
    OkieWorkout - 1035, 323, 589, 1035, ?. Total burn = 2,982. 9/16 weigh in = 251.2

I'm missing info where you see the ?

I workout at night, so I'll add my burn afterwards.

alibaba0310 wants the totals emailed to her. When I email them tomorrow, I will add any changes or additions you have. I will email the totals to her, to each of you and will post on this thread.

If there are any additions after that, you'll have to email them to alibaba0310. I would like you to also give me the info (email or this thread) just so I can update the info.

Guys, 6,526 total calories for the team is great for our 5 day week AND I know that we may have to add more! You should be so proud of yourselves!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi y'all.
    I did not lose any this week, but then I didn't gain any, either. Stayed exactly the same 149.6 lbs.
    I'll have to let you know my exercise calories burned for today either later tonight or in the morning. I've done some, but may do more.
    Thank you,
    Linda
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    Hi y'all.
    I did not lose any this week, but then I didn't gain any, either. Stayed exactly the same 149.6 lbs.
    I'll have to let you know my exercise calories burned for today either later tonight or in the morning. I've done some, but may do more.
    Thank you,
    Linda

That's awesome! 149.6lbs...gosh, I'm trying to get to 249.6lbs :laugh:
    Your weight will definitely go down by doing these challenges!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Thank you, Okie.
    You are so sweet!
    You will get there! :flowerforyou:
    I am only 4'11" and a very small frame (thin, small boned). So, this extra weight is wreaking havoc! I need to lose this weight for health reasons and will be nice to fit in clothes. So difficult to get anything to fit. And, forget looking good. Nothing looks good with my shape right now... :embarassed:
    You all are keeping me motivated. I've been wanting to find a group like this... one that will offer challenges and be there for a while. I've joined some threads and they just kinda dwindled off. :wink:
    BTW, while I was at the grocery store, I passed up those HoHos that were screaming for me to buy them and they were even on sale! Only one of my favoritist foods in the world! :tongue:
    Also, those M & M Peanuts and Halloween candy.... passed them all up and bought ONLY what I needed to buy there! :bigsmile:
    Linda :happy:
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    This was emailed to alibaba0310 and all of you today:

alibaba0310 and The Red Team,

Here are our results:

sarakova - 0, 429, 432, 242, 211. Total burn = 1,314. 9/16 weigh in = 312.8
    Elbee1 - 182, 183, 287, 243, 255. Total burn = 1,150. 9/16 weigh in = 149.6
    narenn - 180, 655, 1288,1027, ?. Total burn = 3,150. 9/16 weigh in = ?
    Julieash - 0, 0, 500, ?, ?. Total burn = 500. 9/16 weigh in = ?
    OkieWorkout - 1035, 323, 589, 1035, 237. Total burn = 3,219. 9/16 weigh in = 251.2

Total calorie burn for The Red Team: 9,333

We'll missing final weigh-in and some calorie burns for narenn & Julieash.

Monita
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    Thank you, Okie.
    You are so sweet!
    You will get there! :flowerforyou:
    I am only 4'11" and a very small frame (thin, small boned). So, this extra weight is wreaking havoc! I need to lose this weight for health reasons and will be nice to fit in clothes. So difficult to get anything to fit. And, forget looking good. Nothing looks good with my shape right now... :embarassed:
    You all are keeping me motivated. I've been wanting to find a group like this... one that will offer challenges and be there for a while. I've joined some threads and they just kinda dwindled off. :wink:
    BTW, while I was at the grocery store, I passed up those HoHos that were screaming for me to buy them and they were even on sale! Only one of my favoritist foods in the world! :tongue:
    Also, those M & M Peanuts and Halloween candy.... passed them all up and bought ONLY what I needed to buy there! :bigsmile:
    Linda :happy:

We are so proud of you! It takes real WILLPOWER to walk past all of thse sweets. You are definitely doing it and we're glad you're on OUR team!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    I received this message from alibaba0310:

WOW thank you SO much! Do you think you'll be able to get narenn & juliash's weigh ins?

Please give me or her your weigh-ins ASAP.