Wiser after WW

Options
Hi! Repeat offender coming back to MFP after trying WW for the 17th time… I do not want to bash weight watchers but I recently tracked both my points AND my calories and NO WONDER I have gained and lost the same 3 pounds for almost 2 years. I know it’s harder at my age (66) but holy cow I think I need to back to good old fashioned calorie counting. 😁😁
And I could use a few like minded friends here!

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @ljmakiej
    I only ever slightly dabbled with WW many, many years ago for a couple months. I'm 64 and have been doing Keto, 15 + or - 3 gram carbs/day with a 1200 calorie max. It is the easiest diet I have ever done from many, many diets! Since I started losing with a job change 9/14/20, I'm down 57 lbs. Started Keto 5/14/21 and I'm down 34.2 lbs!
  • ljmakiej
    ljmakiej Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit Thank you so much for all the info… I lost 92 lbs with WW in 1989. Weight slowly crept back up. I’ve lost 28 pounds since May of 2018. I need to be more mindful and stop expecting things to happen quickly! I have 20 more to lose. Thanks again for all the info!
  • ljmakiej
    ljmakiej Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @swimmom_1 thanks… I tried keto a few times over the past few years but my numbers did not look good and my doctor advised me to stop since heart disease runs in my family.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Before WW changed to the "point" system it actually worked rather well. It gave you a 1200-1600 calorie allowance if you followed the plan (more for men/youths). I could never understand the point system, so it was a bye for me.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @ljmakiej
    Yeah, we are all different and what works for one doesn't work for another. I don't get labs drawn for another 4-6 weeks. But sure they will be thrilled about the weight loss. This is my first attempt with Keto and is the easiest time I've ever had with weight loss. Best wishes for your journey!
  • EEP212014
    EEP212014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WW worked so well for me in 2019. I lost 40lbs in 6 months! This time around... idk why but it's a no go. I should be more committed but it's hard when you have a baby and lacking sleep haha! I'm hoping a change in apps will maybe help me out!