Looking for friends losing 200+

Options
Hello all. I am 40 years old, and need to lose over 200 pounds and debating surgery. I don't have the support in my life on sustain long term changes and would be great to have someone or people to do this with. Ideally would prefer similar weight loss goals and be in it for the long haul. Daily check ins, discuss obstacles, successes, etc. All the ups and downs not just cheering.

Replies

• Em_njcq
    Em_njcq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over 200 lbs as well. Ive done this on again/off again and I am getting tired of it. I need to be healthy for my children. I struggle and I don't try to be perfect. I am not a fan of the just cheering either. It is nice to have someone to talk to
  • DaneOK
    DaneOK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am 35 and am attempting to lose about 220 pounds! I was gettibg in the best shape of my life 7 years back, but met someone, moved across country on a whim, let myself go, etc., and now that I am comibg out of a divorce, am looking to start an all new chapter and lose my original 100 pound goal, plus the 120ish I gained over the last 7 years. It's not too late for any of us....LET'S CRUSH IT! 🌴🤙
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I need to lose closer to 180, but would love the support and friendship and chatting :) I've been considering surgery too, and tried it once but got all the way up to getting a surgery date and I chickened out because I don't have the support at home to manage recovery. Sounds great to know other long haulers!
  • losing200lbs
    losing200lbs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sent a message but not sure how to add. If anyone can tell me please do.
  • losing200lbs
    Options
    Always looking if anyone else is looking for the same. Add me or message me. Can use all the help I can get.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I still have 50+ lbs to lose. I sent you a friend request.
  • MNPisces
    MNPisces Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello. I turned 51 this year and it's been a rough one. I'm inching closer and closer to 300 and I'm just in disbelief that i let myself get this far gone. I've been on and off here several times, always give up when it doesn't happen fast. Then it's on to the next fad I hope will work. I really need some accountability, don't have any real friends for support and my husband doesn't help much either so pretty much on my own with this. The encouraging posts on here are great and everyone seems super encouraging.
  • losing200lbs
    Options
    @MNPisces I added you on here. I am in a very similar situation. Losing weight on my own and trying to work with people on here. Know you have people all over this site who are fighting the same fight and winning and losing the same battles.
  • losing200lbs
    Options
    Always looking if anyone else is looking for the same. Add me or message me. Can use all the help I can get.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,644 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am 40 years old, and need to lose over 200 pounds and debating surgery. I don't have the support in my life on sustain long term changes and would be great to have someone or people to do this with. Ideally would prefer similar weight loss goals and be in it for the long haul. Daily check ins, discuss obstacles, successes, etc. All the ups and downs not just cheering.

Welcome to MFP
    Feel free to friend me if you like. I’ve lost 40 and have maybe 60 maybe 80 more to go. My dr and I will make that decision when we get closer.

Anyhow. I wanted to invite you to the Larger Losers group. Very supportive. You’re not alone. Truly.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • Eglarest
    Eglarest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also have over 200 lbs to lose can we be friends?
  • PaulaGetFit2021
    Options
    I have at least 180lbs to lose. Need friends similar to me.
    Im 34
    SW 384
    CW 374
    1ST GW 300
    UGW Somewhere around 180 to 200lbs
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    HT 5'10
    SW 431
    CW 431.8
    My mini goal is to lose 5 lbs this month. good luck all. add me ♥